Free agency mock draft has Marcus Davenport signing with the Texans (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
How would that make DA look if DeMeco can turn Davenport into a perennial 8 to 10 sack guy?

He is capable without Demeco. Done it before. Injuries had hampered him. Plus last year he put on some weight that slowed him down. He did miss most of training camp. I bet he isn't going to get paid like he want to, but he can be a good value for some teams looking for a pass rusher.

Last edited:
Hope is a 4 letter word for Davenport. He wrecked his big $ chances this season, but if can go somewhere on a 1 year deal, stay healthy and find some of the flashes he had here, someone will pay him next offseason. He has run his course in NOLA though.

Um, excuse me? A "free agency mock draft?"

7cd85o.gif

Cool

It's cause he's lazy
SP done pushing these guys to their limits

2022 was the bad guy is gone la la la..

If you google him just about every team has him as a "potential FA target" After 5 seasons of mediocrity, he's depth at best.

His regression this past season was odd. Up until this season, he was a force who made the entire DL better (when he played). He was more available than ever this season, but looked like he'd lost about fifteen steps and didn't make anyone around him better.
My thoughts as well. He was always very productive when on the field....but was never healthy. Then, in a contract year, he's healthy buy totally was ineffective. Maybe losing a digit was a big deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom