Free agency mock draft has Marcus Davenport signing with the Texans (1 Viewer)

His regression this past season was odd. Up until this season, he was a force who made the entire DL better (when he played). He was more available than ever this season, but looked like he'd lost about fifteen steps and didn't make anyone around him better.
Proved that less is more with Davenport lol.

To answer the OP’s question, I don’t think Allen could look much worse than he already does, as a HC. Love him as a DC tho.

His issue has never been talent... It's always been availability and "want to". When he's healthy and focused and wants to play... He's a beast... Unfortunately, he has been none of those things consistently. He's either hurt or looks uninterested most of the time... big swing and a miss.

Last edited:
Proved that less is more with Davenport lol.
Can't remember off the top of my head which game it was, but there was one where he was chasing a QB and it seemed like he was out for a Sunday stroll. Never seen someone lose a half-second off their 40 time by gaining 10 lbs. Compare that to his closing speed any other season and it was alarming.

Can't remember off the top of my head which game it was, but there was one where he was chasing a QB and it seemed like he was out for a Sunday stroll. Never seen someone lose a half-second off their 40 time by gaining 10 lbs. Compare that to his closing speed any other season and it was alarming.
Yep I remember the play. Didn’t the staff instruct him to gain weight? I may be wrong on that….

Yep I remember the play. Didn’t the staff instruct him to gain weight? I may be wrong on that….
I believe they did because they thought it would help his upper body durability? Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. It was either the Saints coaching staff, medical staff, or his personal trainer. And Infoman is mostly right. When he's on and focused, he's an unblockable monster. Kinda like how when Shon is into it, he will absolutely shut down the opposing #1, but when he's not, you can tell the difference.

After 5 years, there is no “think”. Either he can or he can not. He didn’t get the job done. Let some other team pay him.
Well injuries seem to follow our team. Healthy players come here and end up hurt. Don't know why. Maybe that voodoo lady still has it out for us. Then someone like Cam is just an iron man.

I like him as a player. He hasn't reached his potential here. He never added one pass rush move while being coached by Nielsen who is supposed to be a guru. His lack of production has always been odd to me.

I'd like to keep him. I think he can play.

Me too. He was finally able to have an "NFL Healthy" season and whilst his production wasn't what it should've been given the flashes of his stop and start seasons if the price is right I think we should keep him around and see if it was just a down year. Let's be honest, we didn't have too many players setting the world alight last year even out of the guys you'd expect it from.

If we're really after Carr as strongly as is rumored then we'll probably be waiting for that domino to fall one way or another before we prioritize any other signings. Hopefully he signs with us or someone else as soon as possible.

Spotrac has his Market Value as 4yrs/$93mil.

I'm an eternal optimist, but I'm not signing up for $23mil+ per year.

Spotrac has his Market Value as 4yrs/$93mil.

I'm an eternal optimist, but I'm not signing up for $23mil+ per year.
Maybe some other team will take that gamble, but I'm hoping the front office learned from Terron Armstead and have decided they don't wanna pay a guy $2+ million per game. Don't get me wrong, I've always been tantalized by his potential and his occasionally eye-popping splash plays, but this past season really, really soured me on him. I like him and his attitude, but he pulled an anti-TRex.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom