Free agents: best available (1 Viewer)

Whodat GT

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Going into week 2 of free agency, these are my picks for best available in positions of need. Who you got?

Tackle:
- Andrus Peat - 31
- Trent Brown - 31
- David Bakhtiari - 33

Guard:
- Andrus Peat - 31
- Dalton Risner - 29
- Kevin Zeitler - 34

Edge:
- Chase Young - 24
- Jadeweon Clowney - 31
- Emannuel Ogbah - 30
- Derek Barnett - 28
- Yannick Ngakoue - 29
- Solomon Thomas - 29

DT:
- Folorunso Fatukasi - 29
- Austin Johnson - 30
- Fletcher Cox - 34
- Calais Campbell - 37

CB/S:
- Adoree Jackson - 29
- Avonte Maddox - 28
- Terrell Edmunds - 27
- Kristian Fulton - 26

WR:
- Laviska Shenault -26
- Michael Gallup - 28
- Tyler Boyd - 30
- Josh Reynolds - 29
- Mike Williams - 30

Some thoughts:

I think bringing back Peat is the best option because of his position flexibility, his knowledge of the team, and money wise. He fills two positions and the team can try and figure out the Oline with the in house talent or via the draft. The only reason I don´t see him coming back is if the new OC doesnt think he fits.
Besides Chase Young, all the edge rushers left seem like rotational pieces.
DT is depleted, and the older players will probably look for a contender.
Slot corner is also thin. Given that the team has shown they can develop cbs, why not take on Kristian Fulton as a reclamation project?
Still some good role players in the WR market. Shenault is another do it all player that could benefit from playing in a Shanahan style offense and is only 26 years old.

Not really sure that I really want Peat back, even though he was decent at LT this past season. His injury history, and inconsistent play at times really soured me on him. I think they will draft someone in the 2nd round like Suamataia from BYU, or Morgan from Arizona. I also think Chase Young is looking for a multiyear contract for big money, Clowney to me would make more sense really. I want a DT in the first round, Byron Murphy and Jerzhan Newton are beasts and would help tremendously. Keep Lattimore if you can't get a 1st or 2nd in return, he is our best defensive player IMO. WR is a cluster... I think Cedrick Wilson was a good signing, but I would love to get Tyler Boyd over someone like Renfrow or Gallup. Gallup is get overpaid by the Panthers, and Renfrow is not much of a blocker or contested catch guy.

Going into week 2 of free agency, these are my picks for best available in positions of need. Who you got?

Tackle:
- Andrus Peat - 31
- Trent Brown - 31
- David Bakhtiari - 33

Guard:
- Andrus Peat - 31
- Dalton Risner - 29
- Kevin Zeitler - 34

Edge:
- Chase Young - 24
- Jadeweon Clowney - 31
- Emannuel Ogbah - 30
- Derek Barnett - 28
- Yannick Ngakoue - 29
- Solomon Thomas - 29

DT:
- Folorunso Fatukasi - 29
- Austin Johnson - 30
- Fletcher Cox - 34
- Calais Campbell - 37

CB/S:
- Adoree Jackson - 29
- Avonte Maddox - 28
- Terrell Edmunds - 27
- Kristian Fulton - 26

WR:
- Laviska Shenault -26
- Michael Gallup - 28
- Tyler Boyd - 30
- Josh Reynolds - 29
- Mike Williams - 30

Some thoughts:

I think bringing back Peat is the best option because of his position flexibility, his knowledge of the team, and money wise. He fills two positions and the team can try and figure out the Oline with the in house talent or via the draft. The only reason I don´t see him coming back is if the new OC doesnt think he fits.
Besides Chase Young, all the edge rushers left seem like rotational pieces.
DT is depleted, and the older players will probably look for a contender.
Slot corner is also thin. Given that the team has shown they can develop cbs, why not take on Kristian Fulton as a reclamation project?
Still some good role players in the WR market. Shenault is another do it all player that could benefit from playing in a Shanahan style offense and is only 26 years old.
Where are the safeties? I think we at least sign a DE and safety in FA.

Where are the safeties? I think we at least sign a DE and safety in FA.
My guess is the team is comfortable going with Mathieu, Abrams and Howden. I chose Terrell Edmunds as a good pickup since he is only 27 years old and the team might want to get younger. But yeah, Justin Blackmon is also a good option and he is only 25. If they wanted to go with a vet, they have a lot of options (Adams, Simmons, Diggs, Eddie Jackson, Tracy Walker).

I though about Becton as an option, but I think he is already injury prone... and they have enough headaches with Peat´s health right?
Probably, but he's huge and could be useful depth/run blocking upgrade. But if you think he's injury prone than we best not even bring up David Bakhtiari in these posts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom