Free agents: best available (2 Viewers)

I though about Becton as an option, but I think he is already injury prone... and they have enough headaches with Peat´s health right

As I stated in an earlier post, I would rather keep Peat.

Becton struggled very badly last year after coming back from a double ACL repair to the same knee.

He may or may not return to his rookie year level.

Attachments

• 1710690727579.png
    1710690727579.png
    14 KB · Views: 0
Laviska Shenault is an interesting option to me. Very much an ascending player in Jax and then fell off a cliff in Carolina for the last two years where they had no QB. Might be a good high upside at low cost risk.

IIRC, he is exactly the kind of YAC guy we need for the new offense and he has the size to be an effective blocker in this offense. Kind of a poor man's Deebo.

Laviska Shenault is an interesting option to me. Very much an ascending player in Jax and then fell off a cliff in Carolina for the last two years where they had no QB. Might be a good high upside at low cost risk.

IIRC, he is exactly the kind of YAC guy we need for the new offense and he has the size to be an effective blocker in this offense. Kind of a poor man's Deebo.
He is just like Deebo, I bet he would kill it in Kubiaks system

We already have a player that can do what Deebo does for versatility, his name is Taysom Hill.

Keeping eyes on:
DE Chase Young
CB Stephen Gilmore
CB Ahkello Witherspoon
WR OBJ
DT Teart Tart
DE Jadaveon Clowney

Going into week 2 of free agency, these are my picks for best available in positions of need. Who you got?

Tackle:
- Andrus Peat - 31
- Trent Brown - 31
- David Bakhtiari - 33

Guard:
- Andrus Peat - 31
- Dalton Risner - 29
- Kevin Zeitler - 34

Edge:
- Chase Young - 24
- Jadeweon Clowney - 31
- Emannuel Ogbah - 30
- Derek Barnett - 28
- Yannick Ngakoue - 29
- Solomon Thomas - 29

DT:
- Folorunso Fatukasi - 29
- Austin Johnson - 30
- Fletcher Cox - 34
- Calais Campbell - 37

CB/S:
- Adoree Jackson - 29
- Avonte Maddox - 28
- Terrell Edmunds - 27
- Kristian Fulton - 26

WR:
- Laviska Shenault -26
- Michael Gallup - 28
- Tyler Boyd - 30
- Josh Reynolds - 29
- Mike Williams - 30

Some thoughts:

I think bringing back Peat is the best option because of his position flexibility, his knowledge of the team, and money wise. He fills two positions and the team can try and figure out the Oline with the in house talent or via the draft. The only reason I don´t see him coming back is if the new OC doesnt think he fits.
Besides Chase Young, all the edge rushers left seem like rotational pieces.
DT is depleted, and the older players will probably look for a contender.
Slot corner is also thin. Given that the team has shown they can develop cbs, why not take on Kristian Fulton as a reclamation project?
Still some good role players in the WR market. Shenault is another do it all player that could benefit from playing in a Shanahan style offense and is only 26 years old.
I bet C. Campbell retires,
Ogbah is a nice option at DE
Zeitler would be good depth and start if needed

Deforest Buckner got cut didn’t he? Did anyone else sign him yet?

The lack of talent across free agency at this point and the growing cost of signing the real talent in early free agency shows we have to rely on the draft. We need a LT badly. Keep all those picks and pray for a great draft. We may get a decent DE before the draft but that’s probably it. Not sure if the FA DE will even be worth the money.

We already have a player that can do what Deebo does for versatility, his name is Taysom Hill.

Keeping eyes on:
DE Chase Young
CB Stephen Gilmore
CB Ahkello Witherspoon
WR OBJ
DT Teart Tart
DE Jadaveon Clowney

I mean, he's not close to the WR that Deebo is, but he is a better runner. But, the main issue is that he's also 36 and has a pretty significant injury history.

Anway, why would we not want two of them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom