From Sunday Ticket Trial: ESPN Proposed 70.00 Full Season Package (1 Viewer)

The NFL doesn’t want cheap access to all games because they still make billions on network contracts - though I still believe that they are aiming to eventually move to a “pay per view” streaming structure at some point in the distant future.

The teams also still need people to go to games to pump up the profits of the team owners.

If the NFL made single team options 40 dollars for the season, I would definitely pay for it.

The NFL doesn’t want cheap access to all games because they still make billions on network contracts - though I still believe that they are aiming to eventually move to a “pay per view” streaming structure at some point in the distant future.

The teams also still need people to go to games to pump up the profits of the team owners.
I think it has more to do with FOX/CBS protecting their noon and 3pm windows.

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
Why people still pay to watch games is beyond me!?!?
Because bootlegging kinda sucks, frankly. Constant crappy streams make it so frustrating it's not worth it IMO and I've done it a lot.

I guess the NFL never heard of the long tail and sees itself as a luxury brand as opposed to a working man's game until it's convenient to use that angle.

I think it has more to do with FOX/CBS protecting their noon and 3pm windows.
games that are on the networks in your area are blacked out. People that will go to the trouble of using a VPN to circumvent the blackout will probably just pirate anyway

Apple was going to just include it with their Apple tv app for no additional charge but the league said that's not a good look for them.

It was at that moment I decided not to reup on Sunday Ticket. I'll pay for tickets to games, but never ever again to watch on the Tv.

Because bootlegging kinda sucks, frankly. Constant crappy streams make it so frustrating it's not worth it IMO and I've done it a lot.

I guess the NFL never heard of the long tail and sees itself as a luxury brand as opposed to a working man's game until it's convenient to use that angle.
My streams are not crappy. The only real issue for me is that the streams are something like 40 seconds behind the broadcast. Kinda minor in the grand scheme. Plus, the lady I’m dating has the Sunday Ticket and gave me her password, so I don’t stream football anymore, just PPV stuff. I politely turned down the offer, but she kinda forced me to take the password. So, I’m winning without contributing a single cent to the NFL.

This morning I received an email from Google Play that my NFL Plus Premium is going to increase to $99.

I was on the fence about renewing at $79. They made the decision easy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom