Gelling before game 1 (1 Viewer)

chad_moore

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I know we've all heard each year how different units need time to gel. Normally, it's a WR and QB, or OL or RN, etc. This year, we have a brand spanking new OC with different verbage and each area essentially starting from square one.

I've heard that Kubiak's offense is more simple. Love to hear everyone's thoughts on the ability for the entire offense to get in sync (gel). Are there any specific players that probably weren't at their best in the PC offense that should excel in this one?

Love to hear everyone's thoughts on pur offense gelling and good to go PRIOR to kickoff of game 1 this season.

Carr cannot play one pre-season series then call it quits. He needs to play every preseason game. Should go the entire 1st half of p-game 2.
Just treat it like they did with the 4 game preseasons and just forget the 4th game. A series in the first game, 1st quarter in the 2nd one and the first half of the 3rd.

Carr cannot play one pre-season series then call it quits. He needs to play every preseason game. Should go the entire 1st half of p-game 2.
I think the starting offense should play the first half in all three games, and into the 2nd half in game 3, we have to get going earlier

I think the starting offense should play the first half in all three games, and into the 2nd half in game 3, we have to get going earlier

I understand the sentiment, but it's too risky from an injury perspective. If you lose a starter in the 2nd half of a meaningless game, people will riot. I like this idea...

Just treat it like they did with the 4 game preseasons and just forget the 4th game. A series in the first game, 1st quarter in the 2nd one and the first half of the 3rd.

I wish players like Kamara attended these voluntary otas.
He needs all the work with the new playbook. He could've chosen to be there to start the so called gelling. We'll see how the mandatory camp shakes out .

To me, 'gelling' can only be achieved when knowledge turns into application for both starters and backup players alike. The issue this year will be all the players (rookies & veterans) who are now being exposed to some new philosophies, particularly on offense. It is said that most of this type of learning takes place in OTAs and summer training camp (not necessarily the preseason games). I feel that the team will benefit from being away from the home training site for this important process. The players need as little distractions as possible and the change of scenery should give the players the best chance to spend the time together working on the new schemes and learning the qualities/capabilities of each member of the team. It's always our hope that the learning process, the 'buying in' process, and the application process will happen sooner than later. But there is absolutely no way of knowing for sure when or if the gelling happens.

Hopefully Camp California will allow for more time on the practice field and less time in the IV room. :9:

The preseason is not about gelling in games. It's about gelling in practice reps, limiting injuries, looking for a flash in the pan, and clarifying position battles, depth, and special teams.

No matter the circumstance or season, I find that it takes most NFL offenses about 5 regular season games to gel.

I'm in the camp of risking injuries in the pre-season if that's what it takes for the team to come out of the gate in sync on offense.

The opener against Carolina can be viewed as a final tuneup before the brutal early season schedule kicks in.

With the slow start we had last year and the "gelling" not happening until the last 5 games, I hope the rollout plan is mich different than last year.

Yes, OTA's and training camp "should" help. I'm hoping that no matter how "good" they look in camp or practice with other teams, we see 1st quarter play for atleast 3 games from the stsrting unit with a sprinkle of a backup or two thrown in throughout.

The whole one series proved to show when the bullets were flying, that our offense wasn't ready.

I do feel our O line will improve (simpler scheme and better coaching). RB's should have a field day and the TE's should flourish. Reps, more reps, film, and more reps are gonna be needed to show...game one against Carolina is ours for the taking. **fingers crossed**

With the slow start we had last year and the "gelling" not happening until the last 5 games, I hope the rollout plan is mich different than last year.

Yes, OTA's and training camp "should" help. I'm hoping that no matter how "good" they look in camp or practice with other teams, we see 1st quarter play for atleast 3 games from the stsrting unit with a sprinkle of a backup or two thrown in throughout.

The whole one series proved to show when the bullets were flying, that our offense wasn't ready.

I do feel our O line will improve (simpler scheme and better coaching). RB's should have a field day and the TE's should flourish. Reps, more reps, film, and more reps are gonna be needed to show...game one against Carolina is ours for the taking. **fingers crossed**
We didn't jell the last 5 games, we played bottom dwellers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom