Getting Saints Games on Antenna (1 Viewer)

Shawreth

Super Choctaw
Reaction score
I live in Hernando, MS and thought about getting an OTA antenna to try to pull the Saints Fox broadcast from Tupelo. I get the Memphis Fox and they always show the Cowboys over the Saints. There is about 130 miles from here to Tupelo.

Has anyone from my area had luck with this? If so, what kind of antenna did you use?

Thanks

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Going by this map http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=80&q=call=WLOV-DT you are at the very edge of reception with a roof top antenna. My guess is that if you got it at all it would be alot of tiling on the digital picture and not really watchable. Your best bet would be to try to find a neighbor that has a rooftop antenna and see what they are getting.

You can check out www.antennaweb.org click on " choose antenna". It will tell you what stations you can receive in your area and what type antenna to use.

Before Cox NO had Fox in HD, I'd watch the game on the old rabbit ears.....:9:

i live in bay saint louis, ms about 60 miles from the city. i get fox 8 on a cheap walmart antenna, and the HD looks wayyyyy better than my HD feed from Dish network, or Direct TV (yes, i have both thru a box swap program i do with a friend so we can both have sunday ticket and get all the hornets games on CST). ive heard that satellite HD is compressed, but i dont know never researched.

what i do know is that ANT plays in real time, no delay so you can turn up your radio and hear Jim Henderson announce the game rather than troy aikman, joe buck etc..

my suggestion is to pay for a good antenna. since they price for top of the line is still considerably low id get the best. try it out, and if all else fails you can return or sell on ebay, but it is def worth the effort IMO.

You cannot beat the quality of an over the air signal, assuming it's a strong reception. I watch the games OTA here in NOLA with my TV sending dolby digital surround through a fiber optic cable. It's amazingly good quality and I think looks and sounds better than cable and satellite.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom