Godzilla Minus One (1 Viewer)

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously, this movie is AWESOMETACULAR. I haven’t cried in a movie theater in a long time. G -1 can be a tear jerker at times. The people in this movie are great and make you invested in them. Godzilla feels like a real threat to them and you don’t want them to die. The special effects are pretty dang good when you consider this only has a $15million budget.

Glad this is getting the word of mouth it is. Between this and Shin Godzilla, Japan has been killing it on the Godzilla front. The Monsterverse stuff is fun and certainly a nice throwback to Showa Era Godzilla kaiju fighting kaiju movies, but Toho has really taken the Japanese stuff back to the social commentary roots of the original, and it's resulted in some great movies.

Shin Godzilla is my all time favorite monster movie, just blows everything else out of the water. I'm gonn have to catch G minus 1, looks awesome.

Going to watch it instead of the Saints game
What a great movie. The undertones of WW2 were definitely felt. And it was a new perspective to me.

My eyes definitely watered at the end for multiple reasons.

And bless my wife. Watched it solo while she watched the kids for a bit.

Americans hav
That sounds horrible....I want to watch a movie and not read a movie.

If I'm multitasking and watching a movie, I definitely understand the sentiment. If it's a drama and it has subtitles, I'll pick something that doesn't require my eyes to be on the screen full time. But with action movies, I'm looking at the screen the whole time anyway, so subtitles are not a big concern. I find that you can't help but read words in front of you, like it's not even something you think about, so there's really no difference.

That sounds horrible....I want to watch a movie and not read a movie.

Honestly, it takes about a minute and you don't realize you're reading anything. But, to each their own.

Don't like reading subtitles, learn Japanese.

I watch so much subtitled stuff it doesn't even register anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom