Gonzales to be a Free Agent (1 Viewer)

Can you picture this offense with Gonzales at TE...Horn and Colston at receiver.....reggie...deuce...brees....that would be nice....I would make a run at him.

Sure I can. We'd be like the 1996-~2002 Minnesota Vikings. and 2000-~2004 Indianapolis Colts. All world offense and average-horrible defense.

No thanks.

I know the cap increaeses alot next year but look at how much money we have tied up on offense. We do need to address the TE position but not with someone like Gonzales. We cannot give him enough balls to make it worth it with Bush, McAllister, Horn, Colston all on the field. We need a situational red zone type guy who is solid, but not necessarily a superstar. Unless he is a late draft pick like Colston and suprises everyone.

Exactly, I'll settle for an Eric Johnson or Daniel Graham. Both of those guys are under the radar because they won't put up 700+ yards and 7TDs but we don't need that in this offense. A good blocker and a safety valve who's also good in the red zone will do just fine

As good as Gonzales is, this team still has too many holes, especially on defense, to throw a lot of money at just one player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom