Google Pixel (1 Viewer)

The 8p is the best phone that I have ever owned. I'll skip the 9.
to be honest, i can't really tell the difference in the 6 that i had and the 8 that i have now. both have been the best phones I've had.
the only other phone i had that was this good (for it's time, 2010) was the Samsung Captivate, also known as Galaxy S1. Samsung was ahead of their time. it made me stick with Samsung for the next few. it was my first android phone.

to be honest, i can't really tell the difference in the 6 that i had and the 8 that i have now. both have been the best phones I've had.
the only other phone i had that was this good (for it's time, 2010) was the Samsung Captivate, also known as Galaxy S1. Samsung was ahead of their time. it made me stick with Samsung for the next few. it was my first android phone.
My 6's camera never worked properly and the phone would get so hot plugged into my car that it would lock up.

I never recommend people upgrade every year, phones have matured to the point where it is less of an evolutionary product (despite what apple tries to convince people)

The biggest change is probably in the fold though

Looks like a completely revamped product from their 1st gen fold product.

Definitely keeping my P8P. Best phone since perhaps my Huawei. I too went from the 6 to 8P and the camera was definitely the biggest issue for me. It's crazy it took two year to get the kinks out because I know a few people with the 7 series and the overheating problem still existed. Only problem now is space because I want to shoot all of my videos in 4K.

I know a few people with the 7 series and the overheating problem still existed. Only problem now is space because I want to shoot all of my videos in 4K.

I have a 7, and at first it got toasty, even with minor tasks. But after the android 14 update, it was greatly improved. I might upgrade when pixel 10 is launches, thats supposedly when google's first in-house soc will be released.... but knowing google, it is probably better to wait for the second revision, for them to work the kinks out.

Also, it is way past time to ditch 128Gb as a baseline. That, or bring back the SD card slot for expandable storage

Also, it is way past time to ditch 128Gb as a baseline. That, or bring back the SD card slot for expandable storage
I can see 128GB in the a models, but you're correct.

I should have a pixel 9 pro XL arriving today. This will be replacing my pixel 6, which has been a sturdy phone. Funny enough the new "XL" is only slightly larger than my original non pro 6.

I should have a pixel 9 pro XL arriving today. This will be replacing my pixel 6, which has been a sturdy phone. Funny enough the new "XL" is only slightly larger than my original non pro 6.
i wonder why the 8 was a bit smaller than the 6? i wonder what the deal was with that?

i wonder why the 8 was a bit smaller than the 6? i wonder what the deal was with that?
I think they are settling in to workable sizes. Samsung and Apple both have smaller versions of their phones. The original pixel 6 was too large for many.

My 6 was on its last legs since I ran over it with my car and I have an international trip coming soon in which I'll need a reliable device. So I'm I went ahead and got the XL since the regular pro isn't available until October. I paid for the Next Up option with ATT so if I don't like the size I can go down to the regular pro when it comes out.

Btw, if you have a Costco membership it's worth pricing out service at their Att kiosk. We switched from Verizon and will save nearly $60 per month.

Less bezel between the display and sides. That saves a couple millimeters in phone size. Or did you mean the display itself was smaller? It has much more rounded corners. The 6 and 7 had more squared-off edges vs the 8's display

how do you like it? att has a promotion to trade in any pixel for a 9 pro xl

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom