Google stinks (1 Viewer)

I used youtube to watch sports videos, and that's it. So as a youtube visitor they lost me. The people at google are too smart to know that removing most the videos on there is going to destroy it's high traffic. This nerfed version isn't going to be nearly what the version they paid almost 2 billion dollars for which makes me believe they have big plans for changing it.

You can't blame Google for this! Youtube would have done the same thing if it wasnt bought by Google. The NFL has been scouring the net and sending out Cease and Desist letters to people who host videos of NFL stuff.

The NFL is the problem, No Fun League as usual.

The herd will have to migrate.

$$$$ will kill the internet as we knew it. Eventually it is going to become just an interactive TV.

Already in Europe they are beginning to hit website owners and bloggers with liscencing requirements and taxes.

The man is going to take control.

I pray that you are not right about your prediction.

I know, I use bittorrents etc. too, but more of the general population is moving towards iTunes, Rhapsody et al. to get their music for a nominal fee. The more tech-saavy people can still get free stuff, but that soon will dry up.

It'll never dry up because as the current stuff is regulated, the next generation is being worked on. Until the technology is embraced and used by the iTunes/Rhapsody/what-have-you, there will always be someone one step ahead. They are fighting an unstoppable monster and there's no forseeable way to stop it. Like a poster already said, I can get 10 free songs through a service in the same time, if not faster, as I can with iTunes and I'm not out $10. The Internet itself would have to be regulated and I doubt that could ever happen. So many "rebels" are out there wanting to beat "The Man", especially when "The Man" gets sue-happy. There will always be a way to get free content over the Internet; you just got to keep your eyes open to find it because "The Man" won't until it's five years too late.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom