Gregg Williams to Titans?? (1 Viewer)

sheltonwhodat

Very Banned
Reaction score
@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Suspended former Saints DC Gregg Williams already has met with Titans and is on verge of becoming Tennessee's assistant HC.

Mmm..I though he was not going to work for a while.

Madhattr

My Woman
Reaction score
He is suspended. He cant work anywhere. If sean couldnt speak with anyone in the nfl when he was suspended how is gregg able to?

saintsfanfl

They call me Boudreaux
Reaction score
He is suspended. He cant work anywhere. If sean couldnt speak with anyone in the nfl when he was suspended how is gregg able to?
It was widely reported the day that Sean was reinstated, that Gregg was granted permission to visit teams to pursue a job and he has been for 3 weeks or so.

The league said that he was still suspended and only after he got a job would his reinstatement be considered by the commissioner.

whiteshadowen

Millsaps TC forever
Reaction score
It won't happen next year, but it would be "interesting" to have him coaching on another team visiting the dome.

OP
sheltonwhodat

sheltonwhodat

Very Banned
Reaction score
It won't happen next year, but it would be "interesting" to have him coaching on another team visiting the dome.
I can see espn now Gregg Williams returns to the dome. Can he slow the the saints offense without any bounty ..ops we mean extra pay..;$

Fontenot

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
wow. i am truly shocked. he gets a job the very first opportunity he can when the media was saying he would never/should never work again in NFL. They don't have a clue. the bounty thing really was all just a hatchet public relations job in the media by goodell and had nothing do with the reality of coaching and playing in the NFL...unbelievable

KtoLV

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I surprised that he got a job. Not for the reason that media marketed though. I just think after his sworn testimony against his former players, he would have no credibility with his new ones.

JSR

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Paging all the clowns who insisted we could trust what GW said in his sworn statement because he was never going to work in the NFL again anyway...please line up for your plates of crow.

OP
sheltonwhodat

sheltonwhodat

Very Banned
Reaction score
@TripTP: RT @JeffDuncanTP: Before joining Titans, Williams now must be reinstated by NFL commish Roger Goodell. That seems inevitable given his cooperation w/the NFL.

Marlboro Man

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
That's his goodell bribe payback for throwing the Saints, their fans, coach Payton, coach Vitt and Loomis all under the bus. I hope we knock his teams the ____ out!

saintsfanfl

They call me Boudreaux
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me that it's the Titans (possibly).

Not because of his past experience working with Mike Munchak, but because Bud Adams is one of those owners just crazy enough to do it. Al Davis would be another, but of course, he's not around anymore.

Fontenot

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
That's his goodell bribe payback for throwing the Saints, their fans, coach Payton, coach Vitt and Loomis all under the bus. I hope we knock his teams the ____ out!

I would like to know how Fujita and Vilma feel towards him; we assume that he is a slimy snitch, but they may feel he did what he had to do to make a living and not hate him...i'd really like to know....

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me that it's the Titans (possibly).

Not because of his past experience working with Mike Munchak, but because Bud Adams is one of those owners just crazy enough to do it. Al Davis would be another, but of course, he's not around anymore.
The interview probably consisted of Adams flipping him off and Williams threatening to kill Adams, whereupon Adams said "I like the cut of yo' jib boy, howsabout you come work for me!"

Aintasinner

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Think the players will have any respect for him? It'll be a media circus wherever the Titans play. The announcers will go on and on about his involvement in Bountygate. If the Titans ever make the playoffs or, heaven forbid, the SuperBowl, everyone will accuse them of cheating. Oh, and that idea that we had that maybe we could put all the ugliness behind us after this season, will go right out the window if Roger reinstates him now. Especially as an assistant coach. The Titans have no idea what they are asking for by bringing Williams on board.

JimmyB1775

Guy behind the guy
Reaction score
Won't it be interesting when someone like a released Harper or Ellis goes to play for him there. We don't really know the whole story. I don't even remember Vilma talking trash on GW. Did he?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom