Guns don’t shoot people — bullets do( Paging Mr. Darwin-Idiot on line 3) (1 Viewer)

Saintlybum

baaaa humbug
Reaction score
LAKE LUZERNE, N.Y. - A young man shot himself Saturday without using a gun.

Damion M. Mosher, 18, had been discharging .223-caliber rounds, placing them in a steel vise, putting a screwdriver on the primer, and striking the screwdriver with the hammer, deputies said. They were called to his home in Lake Luzerne shortly after 5 p.m. Saturday when one bullet went about a half-inch into his abdomen. He was treated at Glens Falls Hospital and was released. No charges were filed.

Mosher told authorities he was trying to empty the rounds to collect the brass casings for scrap.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18681475/

Now i might not be up on the price on ammo but wouldn't it be more of an economic gain to just sell the whole round? Excuse me while I beat my head against a wall.:covri:

He might have found a box of shells or bought some surplus ammo. Old .223 ammo is cheap. My crane operator at work has a five gallon bucket of casings that he saves when he goes target shooting. He said that he sells the casings to offset the cost of new ammo. The place where the Mrs. and I shoot won't let anybody take the spent casings home because they reload them and sell their own.

Brass, copper, scrap steel, iron and aluminum are at all time highs right now.

We are having a problem with crack/meth heads ripping the aluminum siding off of homes and stealing central air units (for the copper) so that they can scrap the metal.

I live in a nice neighborhood and my neighbor's built in natural gas grill was swiped because it was made of cast iron. Thankfully all of the houses are brick and stone so our neighborhood doesn't have a siding problem but we have seen a few lose their central air. Mrs. and I are getting quotes for a fence so that we can get a new central air unit.

They pay out 2 dolla a lb for scrap brass here these days. We have lots of illegals and yer typical thieves stealing this stuff constantly, sometimes they grab siding right off the side of houses.

My last week and my last job, someoen swiped the cat converter off my work vehicle. Cost the company 2600 bones to replace.

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Sorry for that momentary outbust of laughter. Couldnt help myself, I no longer work there, heh.

Doesn't qualify as he didn't kill himself - great link though

I thought that too until i read the 'Shark kiss' one, when a guy tried to kiss a nurse shark, we all know what happened next, and plastic surgery came to his rescue. I think that 99% end up as fatalities, i just got lucky finding that one.

One bullet can get you a whole wallet... when used correctly.

If it was biult in then how did they steal it?

They took the easy parts.

The base is cemented in and an iron post with the gas valve were left behind but everything else was taken off of the post.

A $700 grill was probably scrapped for $30 or less.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom