Has anyone used CLA and seen results in weight loss and/or body composition? (1 Viewer)

RazorOye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've been on Body for Life for a week and a half now and things are going pretty well. I've been looking at some of the recommended supplements and saw that CLA was one that kept coming up over and over again.

But like any claim made on the internet or even user testimonials, I am skeptical.

However, the risk seems pretty small - rare side effects that don't appear serious. The last time I took a weight loss supplement it had ephedrine and boy did I cut weight quickly, but it was at the expense of a racing pulse, sleepless nights, and light-headedness.

I'd rather not go down that road.

Studies have shown 7 pounds difference in a 90 day study and Body for Life is about that long - plus I don't intend on stopping after the 12 weeks anyway. Even if it meant 5 pounds for me over the first 12 weeks, I'd be inclined to take it.

If you've taken it - what were your experiences? Brands? Dosage? How much did you take daily?

I know EAS was apparently the first to market it, but Tonalin seems to be the brand most people recommend.

Thanks in advance for any feedback -

raz

How much weight do you need to lose?

I don't know anything at all about CLA, in fact I've never even heard of it. It just seems that whenever a new weight-loss supplement comes on the market it is exposed a few months later as being completely useless.

From what I know of Body for Life, you are going down the right road. It will help you lose weight and in the process educate you on proper nutrition. IMO, you should give it a chance to work before you start pumping supplements into your body.

How much weight do you need to lose?

I am 6'6" and on January 1 I was 275 lbs. I've changed my diet and was going to the gym sporadically and managed to get down to 263 as of a couple weeks ago when I decided to become much more rigorous and regimented - so I started Body for Life and am 260 right now. I'd like to have dropped 25-30 pounds of fat on the program so I can get down to 230-235. Then by January 1 of next year I'd like to be down to 225, which is my most comfortable 'playing weight' - so my goal for the year is 50 pounds.

I am a little behind I guess - June is nearing and I am only 15 pounds into the 50 which means 35 more to go. With ten and a half weeks left, if I can drop another 25 on BfL, I'll be pleased!

As for CLA, the only reason I mentioned it is because it's been around for a while, actually. And it's not received the praise or attention that ephedra did because it doesn't work nearly as well. But it also doesn't have the side effects that ephedra does.

But I'll stick with the program and see how it goes.

Thx dog

I am 6'6" and on January 1 I was 275 lbs. I've changed my diet and was going to the gym sporadically and managed to get down to 263 as of a couple weeks ago when I decided to become much more rigorous and regimented - so I started Body for Life and am 260 right now. I'd like to have dropped 25-30 pounds of fat on the program so I can get down to 230-235. Then by January 1 of next year I'd like to be down to 225, which is my most comfortable 'playing weight' - so my goal for the year is 50 pounds.

I am a little behind I guess - June is nearing and I am only 15 pounds into the 50 which means 35 more to go. With ten and a half weeks left, if I can drop another 25 on BfL, I'll be pleased!

As for CLA, the only reason I mentioned it is because it's been around for a while, actually. And it's not received the praise or attention that ephedra did because it doesn't work nearly as well. But it also doesn't have the side effects that ephedra does.

But I'll stick with the program and see how it goes.

Thx dog

I'm in the middle of reading Body for Life.. I'm starting to incorporate the eating portion of the program from what I've read online and in the book so far into my every day routine.. I plan on finishing the book and then starting the program fully..

Has anyone else completed the 12 week Body for Life challenge? If so, what were your results? Any recommendations?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom