has firefox been kind of buggy lately for anyone else? (1 Viewer)

diat150

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
seems like its always crashing or acting funny for me. I think alot of it has to do with flash. anyone else experiencing any issues?

Yes I've experienced a good bit of trouble with flash not operating correctly on various sites. I always have to use the IE Tab 2 Add On and works fine then. Kinda annoying having to always do that though.

It took me all of one day to uninstall Chrome. Maybe give it time but I'd go back to IE over Chrome.

Hopefully the next version release of FF will take care of the flash issues.

Chrome has a pretty nice feel to it, but you have to give it more than a day. I don't see how anyone can form an opinion of something that quickly. The problem with Chrome is the lack of certain built in functions that are standard on other browsers. One big example is an image properties menu. Sure, you can "inspect element", but that gives you a bunch of useless programming information that only a web developer would care about. And it still doesn't tell you the resolution and file size of an image. This is fixed with an add-on, but still...

That said, I use Chrome as my main browser. And Firefox has been buggy for me lately. I get a lot of impropper shut downs with it lately. I'll try to open a new Firefox window and it will tell me that a previous instance is already running. The only way to get rid of it is through task manager.

I get a lot of impropper shut downs with it lately. I'll try to open a new Firefox window and it will tell me that a previous instance is already running. The only way to get rid of it is through task manager.

same here - on both counts

glad it's not just me, then

I've used FF for years and am loathe to move to another browser, but I actually downloaded Chrome a couple of days ago - still haven't used it, but even downloading it to have as an option is not something I'd have expected after FF's reliability and speed. Definitely loathe to go back to IE.

I haven't had any problems with Firefox, but I don't watch much Flash either.

I primarily use Chrome for my gmail, and Firefox for everything else. I don't have a problem with Chrome, but Firefox's add-ons are $$$.

It's actually gotten a lot less buggy for me :idunno:

I'm a huge lazy tab user and the memory leaks used to slaughter me. Now it only crashes every few weeks on me.

i still use IE for web development testing and for work internet use. I use firefox for a while but been on chrome ever since.

Netflix streaming actually works fine for me in Firefox.
Ditto. I'm 60-70% FF at home, 10% IE9 and the rest Chrome, and FF actually does better than IE for Netflix for me.

Sure enough, it works. When did Firefox start working with Netflix? That's one of the big reasons I made a more permanent home for Chrome on my system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom