Hebert ecstatic Jake Haener will be wearing his old #3 on his jersey (1 Viewer)

Jake is a player, he was a good draft pick last year, he will show a clear ability to manage an offense as he is extremely accurate and quick through his progressions and he may of lucked up getting out of the CSP offense and into a simpler style offense under Kubiak.

I'm glad to hear Haener's offseason work with Gruden is translating so well in KKs offense, but I'm tempered that it's VERY early in the offseason. Still, everyone wants to get off to a good start, and could it get any better than what's being reported? Rattler sounded like he had a good rookie OTA, but tailed off during the first full team OTAs. I think that is to be expected though.....he's only had about a month to acclimate to the playbook and new surroundings; whereas Haener has had since KK was hired to start digesting the playbook, and was already acclimated. I'm actually quite interested in the battle for #2 this year, as it looks to be a REAL competition and no one will be handed anything. Whomever wins that battle for #2.....I expect them to be #1 next year, and for the Saints to get out from under that DC4 contract, which will go a long way to cleaning up any remaining "cap mess", to the extent it can be cleaned.....we're ALWAYS gonna have SOME dead $$ on the books, IMO.

I'm a fan of the Saints spending a 4th last year on Haener. I'm a fan of them spending a 5th on Rattler. And our new OC helped turn an irrelevant 7th rounder into a Superbowl QB. I have hope that guys who have already done something once, can do it again. Having said that, I HOPE the Saints will continue to make picks at the QB position until someone assumes the mantle of "franchise QB." Not just "starting QB", but "franchise QB." The position is THAT important.

This is why I wanted to draft Jake last year. Smart, accurate, and a gamer. Sounds like he wants it right now with all the praise.
Every job needs to be earned and nothing is given.
I loved the Rattler pick as well. We have some solid QBs to work with come camp. I'm excited for pre season action with all of them.

Hoping for Haener’s sake the “Bobby touch” works better for him than it did for Andy Dalton. That endorsement sure didn’t bear any fruit 😁

Seriously, there’s some comfort in thinking a simpler offense will benefit all the QB’s on the roster. Time will tell, of courses.

This is why I wanted to draft Jake last year. Smart, accurate, and a gamer. Sounds like he wants it right now with all the praise.
Every job needs to be earned and nothing is given.
I loved the Rattler pick as well. We have some solid QBs to work with come camp. I'm excited for pre season action with all of them.
Bringing in talented players is what this team has always done and we brought in two in the most recent drafts at the QB position.

Hoping for Haener’s sake the “Bobby touch” works better for him than it did for Andy Dalton. That endorsement sure didn’t bear any fruit 😁

Seriously, there’s some comfort in thinking a simpler offense will benefit all the QB’s on the roster. Time will tell, of courses.
Andy was an otherwise good QB with a terrible pocket prsence. He never looked comfortable, even looked awkward back there at times. Haener was pretty impressive in the pocket as a rook, so I think he has a chance to be an NFL QB.

Jake is a player, he was a good draft pick last year, he will show a clear ability to manage an offense as he is extremely accurate and quick through his progressions and he may of lucked up getting out of the CSP offense and into a simpler style offense under Kubiak.
He's in the perfect position, a second year player with a level of comfort-ability, to totally absorb a new system.

I think his prognostication proved true, didn't it? For whatever murky reasons, the coaching staff decided Dalton was the better option, which was basically what Bobby called.

And quoting Bobby's opinion as verifiable fact makes me about as uncomfortable as relying on any draft opinion Mel Kiper has ever given 🫣

Wait, so does this mean that Bobby had no idea that Haener wore #3 last season? 🤣

I thought we were good at QB2 before we drafted Rattler, who has all the upside... So I'm happy we have real competition at the position and my hope is that they turn the heat up on Carr a little bit. That's a good situation for the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom