Helmets (1 Viewer)

Razzilon

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
With many different styles of helmets to choose from, how does a player decide on which to use? Do the equipment manager assign a certain helmet to a a player position?

national-football-league-nfc-new-orleans-saints-new-orleans-saints-helmets-nfl-nfc-nosa-00107md.jpg

You can choose a Revolution like Ivory wears:

new-orleans-saints-authentic-pro-line-revolution-full-size-riddell-helmet.jpg

Or you can choose the standard like Brees wears:

SaintsHelmet-Logo.jpg

I would assume like when I was in high school you picked your own helmet. Player preference.

I recall one game on the sidelines they attached something to the crown of the helmet and it looked like they were pumping it. Are some helmets like the Nike pumps where you can form fit the head with air pockets?

I recall one game on the sidelines they attached something to the crown of the helmet and it looked like they were pumping it. Are some helmets like the Nike pumps where you can form fit the head with air pockets?

Yeah. Each helmet is inflated to fit the players head nice and snug.

And I'm sure helmet and facemask type are up to the player. Though with visors it's a bit different. I'm pretty sure you have to have a medical reason to wear the dark visor like LaDanian Tomlinson wears.

I think Manning's facemask looks stupid. Just doesn't look right on a QB.

Attachments

• peyton-manning.jpg
    peyton-manning.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 119
Player preference. I think on NCAA10(don't have 11) there were nine to choose from.
Plus over a dozen different facemasks.

Yes, in the last few years I've noticed a lot of players wearing the new helmets (I think they are portrayed as safer than the older ones) and I'm OK with them. What I really don't like are almost all the new facemask models, especially the new Riddell types...and yes, I really dislike the one that Peyton Manning uses. On the other hand I always loved the one being sported by Drew Brees (it's almost the same model donned for a couple of years by another favourite of mine, Eagles' QB Randall Cunningham).

Attachments

• Cunningham.jpg
    Cunningham.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 5
This is my favorite helmet.

Attachments

• wuerffel.jpg
    wuerffel.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 76
It seems like which ever one they choose, they come off a lot more than i ever remember. Must be hitting harder then ever, i guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom