Here we go.. (1 Viewer)

Hey guys, this is my 2nd post however I have read this forum everyday for years and enjoy what you guys have to say. First of all, this is a dumb thread. No need for it. I'll use it for a place to post some positives from yesterday. IMO the players wanted this game more than any other game this year for Drew. This meant so much for him and you could tell when he hugged McCown on the sideline how much it meant to him. It puts an exclamation mark on his entire career that we have enjoyed having drew on OUR team rather than theirs. I still believe in this team to always make the playoffs until we are officially ruled out. That could be my own personal problem due to watching the Brees/Payton teams over the past 10 years. Yesterday had that feeling of one of the games from the 09 team. WE FOUND A WAY TO WIN regardless of the situation. Let's keep getting healthier and keep the train rolling. I'm not giving up on this team just yet. WHO DAT!

Good start. Welcome aboard! Glad to have you.

so your knowledge of football has declined to depths lower than what i perceive mine to be. And that puts you at pretty low on the totem pole.

ANY WIN IS A GOOD WIN!!

I said some stupid stuff to my wife early on in our marriage, but nothing this stupid.

I apologize to the members of the board and to Andrus I posted without thinking. A win is a win and that is always something to celebrate about. I just think some members on this board will lose track of the this team and the state it is in. Saints are not very good this year. But this week and next I will see all these post on how we will make playoffs.Enjoy this win cause it doesn't get any easier after the bye week. I watch Von Miller highlights all the time don't you guys want one of those cause there is a player like that coming out this year. No need for punishment for me I will lay low until off season when things will get interesting.

Well, keep on watching Von Miller highlights until you're blue in the face.

Anyone thinking about tanking for draft picks after the first quarter of the season just ended just baffles me. Look at our division. We're in a three way tie for second place in the division.

The Falcons started off 5-0 last year and collapsed. Who's to say they won't do it again? The Panthers are having an obvious Super Bowl hangover and the Bucs are going through Winston's sophomore slump. I'd say with getting some injured players back on the field each week coming, we're in a great position to possibly steal the division like the year Carolina took it at 7-8-1.

It's likely that the NFC South winner will be the only way to get into the playoffs in our division and the division seems to be upside down enough for that to be a possibility.

Im usually very critical of the team after each week, but not this week. This week im stoked, we finally had one of "those" games go in our favor!! For once!!! Im enjoying the win before the bye week and it sure is nice knowing we didnt go into the bye without a win.

Now im hoping, maybe just maybe more breaks will start falling our way and we can do better than i thought... defense showed some improvements in the second half, lets hope they continue on that path after the bye week.

Serious question, why do so many of our fans hate this team?

Some people just want to be right no matter what - like saying this team will go 0-16. So they create stupid posts like this in hope for validation, but then they fight against any opposing pov bc theyre stupid.

Thats just my opinion tho.

Serious question, why do so many of our fans hate this team?

Not sure about all the cases.....but in some cases....I think you have a solid number of fans who have allowed the Saints to become such a huge part of their functioning life, that when things aren't going well.......they become resentful toward the Saints.

I have lost count over the last few years of the times I'll see "regular season can't get here soon enough!!!" during April to June. People are wishing solid chunks of their life away to be able to watch the Saints once a week, and they get bitter if the Saints don't deliver.

Not sure about all the cases.....but in some cases....I think you have a solid number of fans who have allowed the Saints to become such a huge part of their functioning life, that when things aren't going well.......they become resentful toward the Saints.

I have lost count over the last few years of the times I'll see "regular season can't get here soon enough!!!" during April to June. People are wishing solid chunks of their life away to be able to watch the Saints once a week, and they get bitter if the Saints don't deliver.

I'm one of those "The regular season can't get here soon enough!!!!" types but don't get bitter if the Saints don't deliver. Especially when you consider the injuries to starters on defense when we were finally looking like we'd put together a respectable defense. We just aren't deep enough yet to handle that many injuries on that side of the ball.

If the shoe were on the other foot and the injuries mounted on offense, we'd at least still have Brees who can make magic happen with lesser players. There isn't that possibility on defense just because of how the game is played.

Im sorry that's not the type of fan Iam. In fact Iam the opposite I have come to expect very little from this team this year. I have actually allowed my functioning life to get in the way of the saints this year. Look up my pass history I was more optimistic than some of you guys on this board. I have lost it over the past few years cause the team went staginate and has been the same song and dance the last couple of years. I was happy they won but my stance remains the same on getting top end talent to the big easy. I am willing to bet if saints pop of a few wins and miss out on top ten pick same fans happy for a win will also be complaining that saints don't have top 5 or top 10 pick

Im sorry that's not the type of fan Iam. In fact Iam the opposite I have come to expect very little from this team this year. I have actually allowed my functioning life to get in the way of the saints this year. Look up my pass history I was more optimistic than some of you guys on this board. I have lost it over the past few years cause the team went staginate and has been the same song and dance the last couple of years. I was happy they won but my stance remains the same on getting top end talent to the big easy. I am willing to bet if saints pop of a few wins and miss out on top ten pick same fans happy for a win will also be complaining that saints don't have top 5 or top 10 pick

If the Saints were truly taking a back seat to other aspects of your life, you would not have created such a stupid thread. You'd have enjoyed the win (as improbable as it was) and then moved on to other activities for the next 2 weeks.

Instead you created this steaming pile.....in which you told us how this was a "moral" victory that won't help the Saints improve. Go out and start living that fulfilling life you have. If this thread is any sort of indication.....I don't think anyone will miss your "insight".

1) You need to look up the definition of 'moral victory'
2) we could go 0-16 every year and get the first pick. but we'd still be 0-16.
3) just stop...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom