Host of "Shark Week" Killed While Filming (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
'Shark Week' Host Killed During Stunt

Hawaiian adventurer Jimmy Hall, 41, died Thursday as he filmed himself parachuting off the side of a mountain in the Arctic Circle for a Discovery Channel documentary. Hall, founder of Hawaii Shark Encounters, which flouted Hawaiian laws by bringing tourists three miles beyond the state's territorial waters to watch him feed and otherwise interact with sharks, had been named in April to host Discovery Channel's upcoming "Shark Week." Only about half the shark series has been produced, the Channel said over the weekend

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2007-05-14/

Wow, that is sad to hear. Wonder if his chute didn't open, or if he hit the mountain.

Wow...first the croc hunter, now the shark guy. Man I hope nothing happens to the big cat guy...

Discovery Channel does some dangerous stuff, I'm affraid for the discovery camera men that film Deadliest Catch, other boats not involving the show have already lost crew members.

There is a saying where I'm from "if you mess with stuff that kills other stuff you might get killed". I think that applies here.

do you drive an automoblile,smoke cigs and or eat fast foods? I'm laughing.

i know people that tell me,hey..don't do"this"..don't" do "that". BLAHH..believe in a god,which for me is the lord Jesus Christ, then when he announces you for his calling..you leave.

That's the way it is brother.

There is a saying where I'm from "if you mess with stuff that kills other stuff you might get killed". I think that applies here.

Ironically, it doesn't apply because the croc guy wasn't killed by crocs and the shark guy wasn't killed by sharks.

Man, having actively fished, swam, and seen sharks all my life I've always loved Shark Week. Tough break, I look forward to it every summer. 20th anniversary is this season if I remember correctly.

remeber the bear man was killed by bears i forgot his name but they did a documentary of his life on discovery channel cool guy to

Wow...first the croc hunter, now the shark guy. Man I hope nothing happens to the big cat guy...

Or the medium sized rodent guy. Or the spider guy.

That said.. Oh no. Those guys do us a great service bringing us the footage and documentaries of the rare animals. My prayers go out to his loved ones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom