How big of a presence can we have in AT&T Stadium next Thursday? (1 Viewer)

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone who was in Texas Stadium in December 2006 knows that we are capable of having a tremendous presence at a Cowboys home game, even when Dallas is doing well.

I wasn't there for the Thanksgiving 2010 game (which was the first Saints "away" game in Jerry's World).......but I did go in December 2012 and September 2014. As expected, there was a solid contingent of Saints fans there.......but nothing that I'd say felt overwhelming. In fairness, the first of those games was at the end of the Bountygate season and we'd already been mathematically eliminated from playoff contention........and the second one was after a pretty "meh" start to what was supposed to be a promising season.

Fortunately, this season is quite different. However, this is a situation where I feel that the game being on TNF could negatively impact Saints attendance............or, more specifically, not allow it to reach its full potential. After many people have already had a 3 day work-week for Thanksgiving..........you have to wonder how many of them will have issues with that game not being on a weekend, since it would likely require some extra time away from work.

In spite of it not being the ideal situation............any chance we can still turn this into something of a 9th home game?

I think the people who were going to this game mostly decided to do so at the beginning of the year, and made arrangements then. Very few people decide to go to away games on a whim. It happens, but not enough of a % of the overall crowd to make a meaningful dent in the # of whodats that are in attendance. I think you’ll see a ton of Saints fans.

I would love to see enough of a presence to where the Saints felt the need to actually send someone out to do the "WHO DAT?" chant shortly before kickoff.

The Packers did a nice job of taking over the L.A. Coliseum some weeks back (and that's when the Rams were an undefeated #1 seed!)..........so let's see what we can do.

Certainly possible after what the 49ers did to them a few years ago...

540ccadbecad04960bcec636-750-432.jpg

Lots of Who Dats in the DFW Metroplex.

I expect to see quite a bit of B&G representation there... especially with the Saints at 10-1.

To me, all these announcers and "experts" opining that now that the Cowboys have beaten the Redskins, the Cowboys are in the driver's seat in the NFC East, and it's smooth sailing the rest of the way.

EXCUSE ME... the Cowboys have to play the Saints next. Even though it's a home game for Dallas... let's see who thinks the Cowboys will cruise to victory.

I DON'T SEE A WHOLE LOT OF HANDS!

Not only does Dallas have a lot of Saints fans but it's only a 6-7 hour drive for most Saints fans. Then you have airfare around $350 round trip that makes it a cheap flight and nice hotel rooms near the stadium dirt cheap.

Will be a lot of Saints fans there.

I would love to see enough of a presence to where the Saints felt the need to actually send someone out to do the "WHO DAT?" chant shortly before kickoff.

The Packers did a nice job of taking over the L.A. Coliseum some weeks back (and that's when the Rams were an undefeated #1 seed!)..........so let's see what we can do.

Looking at the sections of seats the Cowboys provided to the Saints for tickets, I would say those sections are pretty much sold out. That is good sign. But looking at the overall seat availability, there are a ton of tickets available.

I've gone to the game the last 2 times the Saints visited Jerry World (can't make it this time) but in both cases there was a good 65% black and gold. I'd say the Saints fans will represent.

I've gone to the game the last 2 times the Saints visited Jerry World (can't make it this time) but in both cases there was a good 65% black and gold. I'd say the Saints fans will represent.

The last time I went, it was a good Saints crowd.

The stadium is beautiful , but I didn't like the football atmosphere. Too big and I ended up looking at that big TV more than the actual game. We paid for some good seats but it still seemed to far away. Needless to say , I probably will not go to Jerry World again, unless I get free tickets or something like that.

Of course , I am bias ,but IMHO, the Super Dome is one of the great football experience.

But for away games, I would say Arrowhead is a fun experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom