How can you not miss this... (1 Viewer)

Favorite saints play. He brought so much fire and excitement to the team. Definitely miss homeboy

• How about the goal-line run against the lowly falcons when he put his hat down and fought for the TD, or the screen against the 9ers when was hauling *** up the opponents sideline, only to fumble it to himself out of bounds because he was looking back & literally flying.
THOSE ARE THE PLAYS & TIMES I REALLY APPRECIATED ABOUT OL REGGIE.
His drive and speed was a definite pleasure to watch, considering he played for my team. For the Saints fans that can't stand him, (which I could never ever fathom why) ol Reggie did just what I always told the fan haters he could do, give him touches or carries, he could run for a 1000.

The one question I would always pose was, "if you're not averaging 18-25 carries, how could you ever say he wouldn't run for over a thousand", "he's not an every down back"...

Reggie may not be an "EVERY" down back, but when he was given the green-light & touches, what happened? 25 carries against Buffalo, 203 RUSING yards, 26-172 against Texans.

Just funny how a lot of Saints fans absolutely loathed Reggie Bush. Still one on the most exciting Football Players in the league. Still making plays and nice highlights.

Keep proving em wrong Reggie!

Keep proving em wrong Reggie!

You're hung up on this but I don't understand why.

He wanted to be the man. The every down, 1000 yard, #1 guy that the offense revolves around. He was never going to get that here. He knew that. Coaching staff knew that. Our whole fan base knew that. It's not that we collectively believed he couldn't do it, it's just that he could never do it here. There's nothing for him to prove wrong.

He left to go be that guy; we got someone else with his electric skill set. I stand by what I said that we haven't missed a beat with that in Sproles. No one's questioning his drive, playmaking ability, or what he meant to the franchise and city during a time we needed it most, but on the field there's nothing to look back on and say "man I wish we still had that".

You're hung up on this but I don't understand why.

He wanted to be the man. The every down, 1000 yard, #1 guy that the offense revolves around. He was never going to get that here. He knew that. Coaching staff knew that. Our whole fan base knew that. It's not that we collectively believed he couldn't do it, it's just that he could never do it here. There's nothing for him to prove wrong.

He left to go be that guy; we got someone else with his electric skill set. I stand by what I said that we haven't missed a beat with that in Sproles. No one's questioning his drive, playmaking ability, or what he meant to the franchise and city during a time we needed it most, but on the field there's nothing to look back on and say "man I wish we still had that".

This. :plus-un2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom