How do you prepare a team for the playoffs mentally? (1 Viewer)

bergeaux

Building my own team!
Reaction score
So we can't take our eye off any game from here on out, but we are most certainly going to make the playoffs this year. Is there anything Sean Payton can be doing to prepare out team mentally for it? There is always talk about preparing a team physically (holding out of games, resting, getting healthy from injuries, etc), but what about mentally?

Any thoughts on how our team should be preparing mentally for January? Or is too early to start thinking about that?

Keeping the focus and the one game at a time mentality...

Its working and the "scoreboard" resets in the post game. Anything can happen, regular season record be damned.

The spotlight's been shining on this team since the matchup with the Jets, and they seem to be handling it about as well as can be expected. I'd rather see the nerves show up in the regular season against MIA, ATL, and CAR than when it's single elimination time.

I think the team could use what Bradshaw used to do for the SuperBowl games,
Bradshaw, " I play the game down in my mind as just another game " when it's over, I celebrate, but not before. If the teams approach is one game at a time with true focus, it will work out. The team HAS to at the same time realize how important Home field advantage is and play for that. At this point, you can't avoid talking playoffs and possibilities, that's just part of becoming a champion... CC

Keeping the focus and the one game at a time mentality...

Its working and the "scoreboard" resets in the post game. Anything can happen, regular season record be damned.

Only three posts for you SaintChelle but in this one you presented very salient and well thought out points:9: and I agree with you 100%.

+ Rep because I found this post useful.

Keep the "One Game at a Time" mentality.
As long as they only focus on the game at hand, and maintain that we should be fine.
They can build upon each win!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom