How do you see the first two games of the Saints’ season? (1 Viewer)

Were the Saints first two wins ‘flukes’, or were they legitimate wins?

• They were absolutely flukes. Those teams were clearly better than the Saints.

• They were definitely legitimate victories. Those teams were totally outplayed.

• Tacoes

Results are only viewable after voting.
This team was a legit contender in the NFC before the injuries.
To say that after two games is crazy

-

Hypothetically, if the injuries happened before the Cowboys game, would you then say we were NFC contenders after only 1 game against the Panthers?

Or, is it after beating the Cowboys the main reason that can make you feel confidently in saying we were NFC contenders?

Last edited:
I see the first 2 games as what we can be when things are right...
Heck , even after the injuries in the next 2 games we had the lead with 2min or under and 3 DB's run into each other and a DPI and we would have been 4-0 going into KC. It just showed me that things did not have to be perfect for us to be a very good team. SMH

Those two games showed how the team was built, meaning, when the oline and TAYSOM was healthy, the offense was able to run how it was built. Even after McCoy went down, they were able to operate how they wanted, evident by the first couple of drives in the Falcons game.

Now with the injuries mounting, it probably won't look the same even when Taysom returns, but we all see how it looks when there's somewhat good health. As for the defense, I think it's a combination of coaching, age, and lack of effort, especially the last 3 games.

Those two games showed how the team was built, meaning, when the oline and TAYSOM was healthy, the offense was able to run how it was built. Even after McCoy went down, they were able to operate how they wanted, evident by the first couple of drives in the Falcons game.

Now with the injuries mounting, it probably won't look the same even when Taysom returns, but we all see how it looks when there's somewhat good health. As for the defense, I think it's a combination of coaching, age, and lack of effort, especially the last 3 games.
I believe that our ineffective offense is making it MUCH more difficult for our aging defense to slow down the opposing offense. They need time to breathe!

The Saints looked good. As a group our starting 22 looked as good as any team in the league. How a few injuries caused them to self impode vs Eagles was disheartening, there were no good young players to fill in.

Saints are going to have to improve their drafting to get out of this hole adding 2 players per year from the draft has terrible long term consequences.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom