HS Principal to Students: No Leggings unless you're a size 0 (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A South Carolina high school principal is under fire for allegedly telling students that they can’t wear leggings “unless you are a size 0 or 2.”

Heather Taylor of Stratford High School held assemblies with 9th and 10th grade students on Wednesday to inform them of the dress code. Her announcement was caught in an audio recording shared with WCBD.

“I’ve told you this before, I’m going to tell you this now, unless you are a size zero or two and you wear something like that, even though you’re not fat, you look fat,” Taylor allegedly says.

Her words caused an outrage in the school community, with parents speaking out on social media and calling Taylor out for body shaming. PEOPLE has reached out to Taylor for comment................

High School Principal Tells Students They Can't Wear Leggings 'Unless You Are a Size 0 or 2'

Kinda thinks someone needs at least a paid vacation. If a student was doing that they would be in all kids of trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The principle should be stripped naked and made to walk through the student body to the chants of "Shame".

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KWFGl2gYfY5Ta" width="480" height="268" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/walk-of-shame-KWFGl2gYfY5Ta">via GIPHY</a></p>

I don't know how much they paid her for that episode, but it probably wasn't enough.

Came here fully expecting it to be a male principal. That would be a very different conversation.

I assumed that also when I saw the article title - was surprised to find that it was a woman who'd you'd think would be more sensitive about such things

Whose the fashion police to decide if they can or can't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently the dumb-a principle who made the comment. Also, leggings---as I recall from the early 80's----were worn around the lower legs and calf area. Now if she was referring to yoga pants, then those may become see-through if someone chose a size too small. I can't understand why anyone would want to look at someone who is a size 0 or 2 in yoga pants anyway.

Also, leggings---as I recall from the early 80's----were worn around the lower legs and calf area.

You're thinking of leg-warmers. Leggings and yoga pants are similar in that they're both form fitting, but leggings are more for casual wear while yoga pants are athletic wear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom