Hunter Renfrow to be released (1 Viewer)

Yeah if it’s both of them, that’s a W. Garoppolo shined in this offense.
Yea probably him and Garoppolo

No chance this regime brings in Garoppolo. It would be too threatening to the guy they have committed to and want to shine.

The more I think about it, I think Haener ends up the backup for that reason.

No chance this regime brings in Garoppolo. It would be too threatening to the guy they have committed to and want to shine.

The more I think about it, I think Haener ends up the backup for that reason.
Agreed. Haener is the better choice than Jimmy G for a lot of reasons including $$$

We need to get either Renfrow or draft Luke McCaffrey in the fifth to give Carr a slot receiver which we know he both loves and needs. If Renfrow is affordable, I’m good with it because there’s no certainty McCaffrey will be there in the fifth when we draft

Pass... We need to draft Brock Bowers and all those "middle of the field problems" will disappear - and then some... If we bring in any WR... It needs to be a guy with some size that can play outside (MT13 replacement) that can block, and make contested catches... not another small player. Currently every good Saints WR is 6ft tall or less... the only guy we have with size that has impact potential is 2nd year player AT Perry... and I like him... but we need another big body WR assuming MT13 is out of here... not a 5'10" specialty slot player.

Last edited:
Renfrow should be signed asap. Jimmy G is an interesting question. Is Haener mentally ready for the true QB2 role? In a perfect world, your QB2 helps your QB1 in between drives by passing on what they have seen from the sidelines regarding defensive alignments and player reactions. Jimmy G would very likely fit that role perfectly. I don't think he's a threat to Carr's job, but he could be a one year bridge to Haener being THE guy at QB2. Learning from a proven veteran for a year could be invaluable to Haener.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom