Hunter Renfrow to be released (3 Viewers)

Pass... We need to draft Brock Bowers and all those "middle of the field problems" will disappear - and then some... If we bring in any WR... It needs to be a guy with some size that can play outside (MT13 replacement) that can block, and make contested catches... not another small player. Currently every good Saints WR is 6ft tall or less... the only guy we have with size that has impact potential is 2nd year player AT Perry... and I like him... but we need another big body WR assuming MT13 is out of here... not a 5'10" specialty slot player.
We need both. And will have room

I tend to agree. But several local reporters are saying that the team likes Haener and want him to win the #2 job but that they are likely to bring in a vet QB to compete with him so he doesn't get the job by default. I'm not sure if they are looking at the Jimmy G level or lower, but having a vet around for camp or more that has experience in a Shanahan style offense would probably benefit Carr and Haener in learning the new offense. Jimmy G obviously has that experience.
Competing for the #2 QB spot is one thing. But we also need another veteran voice in the QB room. That's something that Haener cannot provide.

Or this afternoon. He should already be in NOLA. We need bigger WRs, but Renfrow in the slot is a damn good option to have.
As long as they pursuing others besides him also I’m good with it. Quite frankly we should be pursuing Tyler Boyd. He was a damn good receiver and productive despite playing with to studs I Higgins and Chase.

I have concerns that Refrow hasn't been very productive recently and, like you said, would just be another really small receiver. I'd also like to see what Shaheed could do with more time as the Slot receiver. We need some contested catch guys. That could be Bowers or a big WR. So, I'd only take Refrow if it was for a really cheap deal. He would provide some insurance and depth at WR if it's for a low cost deal, but he's not really what we need to add at WR.
Just went and looked at some of his numbers and just not impressed. Don’t think he gives us what we really need. 255 yards last year. His best year he caught 103 balls but barely topped 1000 yards. We need a big bodied physical playmaker at receiver now more than ever with MT13 gone.

Pass... We need to draft Brock Bowers and all those "middle of the field problems" will disappear - and then some... If we bring in any WR... It needs to be a guy with some size that can play outside (MT13 replacement) that can block, and make contested catches... not another small player. Currently every good Saints WR is 6ft tall or less... the only guy we have with size that has impact potential is 2nd year player AT Perry... and I like him... but we need another big body WR assuming MT13 is out of here... not a 5'10" specialty slot player.
We have absolutely zero control over drafting Bowers.

Just went and looked at some of his numbers and just not impressed. Don’t think he gives us what we really need. 255 yards last year. His best year he caught 103 balls but barely topped 1000 yards. We need a big bodied physical playmaker at receiver now more than ever with MT13 gone.
Yeah I think we need a YAC guy. Badly. Shaheed is the big bomb but we need the guy who gets extra yards in traffic imo.

You know, we don't have some sort of restriction that says we can only acquire one WR this off-season, just sayin'. lol

You know, we don't have some sort of restriction that says we can only acquire one WR this off-season, just sayin'. lol
True dat.
I've not watched any of the prospects....would love to have the best YAC guy coming out. Plus Renfrow since he has chemistry with Carr.

I'm pretty ambivalent towards Renfrow but how many 100 catch, 1000 yd receivers do the Saints have on the roster? Dude had a fantastic season and then fell off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom