I chuckled at this Erik McCoy quote from a NOF Article (1 Viewer)

Andrus potentially has already posted the link but if not it's below. Anyhow much has been swept under the rug about McCoy's scuffle with Carr during the season last year, and McCoy has gone on record to bandage that moment by pointing out how much he loves Carr etc. There's no doubt in my mind there's a respect since they both have a common goal, but this quote gives you some insight into what likely lead to that scuffle. The team is loving the accountability as a whole though, but it does continue to expose just how bad things were last year and how we got those results.

@ELLIASJWILLIAMS when are you starting a youtube channel, you used to have great takes on that old show you were on

I think too much was put on the vets in the lockerroom to do that. You could potentially get away with that if say Drew was still QB, because his ability to hold people accountable translates. I don't think Carr holds that level of weight as a person, which is why he's better paired with an OC like a Gruden or at this point Kubiak who is a STRONG voice that's also respected. That way the players can focus on playing rather than holding their teammates, who are also grown men, accountable. Something the coaches in theory should be doing the majority of anyway
All of that is true and speaks to the whole concept of “chemistry” you hear people talk about when it comes to any team sport. Human beings working in tandem with one another is literally like working with chemicals under a microscope or a test tube.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom