I have a family because we lost to the 49ers in 2012 (2 Viewers)

There were.....errrr.....how shall we say, multiple showtimes over the course of the night. Not sure which one "took." :hihi:

And they all came up and gave me hugs and said "sorry Daddy, I love you" and what beats that? Not a damn thing in the world.
Yeah, my 10 week old girl gave me smiles and cuddles after the loss. We went for a walk and talked about the dread of sending her to day care in a couple of weeks. It was a fun season. I just wish it would not have ended that way. Life's still good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

This loss hurts, no doubt, but so did the loss to the 49ers in January 2012. Boy am I glad in retrospect that we lost that game.

We had an incredible team that was well on its way to winning the Super Bowl. And because the Giants won, the Saints would have hosted the NFC Championship game. Being the son of a season ticket holder, I would have gone to the game with my parents and brothers.

But it was not to be. The game was in San Francisco. My family didn’t come into town that weekend.

Instead I went out that very Saturday night with my friends, which I certainly would not have done if my family were in town. And while out that night, I met my wife.

I now have a wife and both 4 year-old and 2-year old Saints fans.

And it wouldn’t have happened if we had beaten the 49ers. By cheering for the Saints in the game, I was cheering against my own future.

Hopefully my story can ease some of the raw nerves out there.

Oooh! That sounds encouraging. Maybe I can find my soulmate because of this loss... instead of being cooped up watching everything football for the next 3 weeks... you never know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooh! That sounds encouraging. Maybe I can find my soulmate because of this loss... instead of being cooped up watching everything football for the next 3 weeks... you never know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you do! It happened to me, and I really wasn’t even actively looking at the time.

I hope you do! It happened to me, and I really wasn’t even actively looking at the time.

Well... I haven’t been actively looking for the past 3+ years since I’ve been single... I don’t pick well. I’m going to wait for someone to pick me this time. Lol

22pjm8.jpg

This is one of those "God works in mysterious ways" things.

I wish more people would read this post instead of all the posts bashing Marcus. This one, for me, puts everything back in perspective. Thanks for the story OP. Hope another poster has a similar story to share in 4 years time.

Puts things in perspective. Yeah it will sting but we will get over it, we have to. My little 4 year old woke up last night & came down for a bottle & cos she loves the colour purple said 2I like this purple team Dad!!". We were down 17-0 at that point.
Im resolving to go to the game in Minnesota next season.

I'll give you this much about this whole season, I grew up where my Granny raised me, and my Dad came into my life full time around 2002, since then, its been an absolute struggle and constant fight, basically on a daily basis with everything.

This year I have had some pretty brutal health issues that have made things almost worse between us. For whatever reason tho he decided to get involved with my love for the Saints. We ended up going to LA to meet an amazing lot of all yall. It was something where we kind of finally connected,

Point being is that he called me after the game, and all my life I wasn't really into discussing anything with him, but when he called tonight, there was no on I wanted to talk to more. He was as crushed as I was. Never seen him like that.

I know its not like meeting my future wife, but in this season and this loss, ill take that, finally being able to connect and share with him when its been so hard for all this time. So to me, in alot of ways, tonight was the same type of thing. Tough to lose like that but in my life its come full circle a bit so hey you just never know what will happen!

win or Lose

OK, but most people didn't get a wife that time, they just got a ****** end to the season, like this one, lol.

Happy for you though really. Knowing that a crappy loss helped a whodat makes life a bit easier.

OK, but most people didn't get a wife that time, they just got a ****** end to the season, like this one, lol.

Happy for you though really. Knowing that a crappy loss helped a whodat makes life a bit easier.

He ran that aggressive offense and came out with some kids! good on him lol Lets just say he found his way to the endzone pretty well lol

Good post OP

But I already have a wife - do I need to go out and get another one?

Ah man, I can't imagine life with a 2nd wife... I mean I've already got enough stuff to do around the house. Can you imagine a 2nd wife coming up with stuff also?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom