I thought we wouldn't have to fight them over here? (merged) (1 Viewer)

It is serious. Tenuous connections have now turned into active, organized, AQ cells on the ground in Iraq where none existed before the invasion. Like I said earlier, the invasion of Iraq is AQ's best dream come true. They have a new base of operation they never had before and a standing army available to slowly bleed which has very little hope of actually defeating.

Those chemical weapons we wanted to confiscate and stop getting into the wrong hands before the invasion?

Well, we found them.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/331462,4_1_JO07_IRAQ_S1.article

So in order to prevent Iraq/Hussein from developing strong connections with AQ and using chemical weapons we invaded. And there's overwhelming evidence that AQ nor chemical weapons didn't exist in Iraq before the invasion. But both are there now. Fantastic.

And both were there before.

"Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons."
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/12/16/transcripts/clinton.html

And there's overwhelming evidence that AQ nor chemical weapons didn't exist in Iraq before the invasion.

Except for the ones we gave him and trained his people to use which he used to stop Iranian human wave attacks and Kurdish insurrections in the late 1980s. :)

Oh, the former CIA director says a captured AQ trainer said Iraqis were training AQ on the use of chemical weapons.

Now, who taught the Iraqis how to use chemical weapons? Oh, that's right, WE did!

I read something in Today's Advocate, that one of them was working as a Pizza Deliery driver, and may have been using his job to scout the base.

Are delivery drivers allowed onto Military bases? That may have been their plan to use him to infiltrate the base. Don't they search every car now? I know they do 100% Id checks. I have worked at Belle Chasse since 9/11 and basiclly showed id and got right in. Then got my flashing light and radio so I could drive on the runway. I worked at Michoud and had to wait an hour for a worker badge and I guess background check. I don't know how much it varies depending on the base.

I know I had to install an ATM a few years back at a Shell Refinery in BFE, and they wouldn't let m in because I had stubble. Supposedly you have to be clean shaven to enter a refinery, I haven't been to one since but it seemed crazy. They gave me a disposable razor and I went to the bathroom and cut my face up. I thought that was crazy.

Yes, it varies from base to base now, Zach. In the immediate aftermath of 9/11, they were searching everything entering every base, even Camp Beaurgard. But, it's slacked off since then.

The reason why you had to shave to enter the refinery is that a gas mask will not properly seat on a stubbly or bearded face. In the event of emergency, everybody has to be able to slap on a gas mask. A stubbly or beaded face also traps contaminants and is hard to decontaminate.

Last edited:
So someone could be dressed as say a Dominoes driver, and have two guys in the trunk? I guess no matter what, there ae an infinite number of ways for them to strike.

I wonder how many Al Qaeda cells are in the US?

So someone could be dressed as say a Dominoes driver, and have two guys in the trunk? I guess no matter what, there ae an infinite number of ways for them to strike.

I wonder how many Al Qaeda cells are in the US?

What is truly remarkable is how three attacks in the last seven years have been stopped by ordinary people; the millenium attack on LAX thwarted by an alert customs official, an airline bomber stopped by alert passengers, and now a planned attack on a military installation stopped by an alert Circuit City employee. Unfortunately, there is an infinite number of ways to strike. As the President says, they only have to be right once to inflict grievous harm, we have to be right one hundred percent of the time to stop them.

And both were there before.

No they weren't. Now you're just ignoring reality. AQ is much stronger than ever now in Iraq.

United States forces didn't find any terrorist networks, Al-Queda cells, or terrorist training camps, or any other weapons of mass destruction immediately after the invasion. Every other government source except the Bush administration is all but saying the connection was tenuous at best regarding AQ., and intelligence reports regarding the WMDs was exaggerated. Again, government reports, even the Bush administration admits nothing was found.

Now you're trying to argue that chemical weapons and Al-Queda training camps and cells existed in Iraq immediately prior to the invasion. Again, U.S. forces found NO chemical weapons immediately after the invasion, and every other source, as I demonstrated adequetely with documentation--supports the argument that AQ was NOT active at all in Iraq. All that's there is a bunch of maybes, could-have-beens and speculation.

To argue that AQ is weaker now in Iraq than it was before the war is foolish and false. AQ now has an active terrorist network in Iraq and they've even managed to set up shop to produce and use chemical weapons.

All the reports of AQ establishing terror networks stronger than what existed before the war is completely a manifestation and creation of the United States occupation of Iraq.

To say "and they were both there before," is patently false and ignoring the overwhelming evidence from a variety of sources, including the Bush administration.

Last edited:
The one issue that concerned us was this fellow that we captured, Ibin Sheikh al Libby, who was an Al Qaeda senior operational trainer told us that they may have acquired some chemical training from the Iraqis.
George Tenet, CIA Director

The one issue that concerned us was this fellow that we captured, Ibin Sheikh al Libby, who was an Al Qaeda senior operational trainer told us that they may have acquired some chemical training from the Iraqis.
George Tenet, CIA Director

"may have"

The whole case for going for war was built on a whole littany of "may haves."

Again, the administration pretty much ignored any evidence which contradicted the avalanche of "may haves" which the American people were exposed to in the year and a half leading up to the invasion.

I know you're getting tired, so I'll refute my own post (and Tenet) here. :)

Indeed, declassified documents made public by Senate Democrats showed that even the DIA - the Pentagon's own intelligence division - believed as early as February 2002 that al-Libby was probably "intentionally misleading debriefers" in asserting that Saddam Hussein's regime was training al-Qa'ida on explosives and chemical weapons. Now, however, it seems that he provided this false information to avoid being tortured by the Egyptians, if "current and former US government officials" quoted by The New York Times yesterday are to be believed.

Al-Qa'ida operative 'lied about links with Iraq to avoid torture'
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/africa/article332208.ece

I know you're getting tired, so I'll refute my own post (and Tenet) here. :)

Indeed, declassified documents made public by Senate Democrats showed that even the DIA - the Pentagon's own intelligence division - believed as early as February 2002 that al-Libby was probably "intentionally misleading debriefers" in asserting that Saddam Hussein's regime was training al-Qa'ida on explosives and chemical weapons. Now, however, it seems that he provided this false information to avoid being tortured by the Egyptians, if "current and former US government officials" quoted by The New York Times yesterday are to be believed.

Al-Qa'ida operative 'lied about links with Iraq to avoid torture'
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/africa/article332208.ece

:covri: hellllp.

True, I have to grade tommorow.

Expect O'Reilly to really go on a rip about "sanctuary cities" now.

Last week, it was over the two teenage girls killed by a drunk illegal Mexican with prior DWI stops in Virginia.

Now, we've got terrorist suspects who've been living here illegally for 23 years with 19 traffic violations between them and nobody ever reported them to the Feds. Oh, brother.

:covri: hellllp.

True, I have to grade tommorow.

Don't feel bad, I actually watched the Tenet - O'Reilly interview. Felt so slimey afterwards I had to take two baths.

Yes, O'Reilly can be slimey, but Tenet exudes slime like a slug sprinked with salt. EWWWW.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom