I want that truck off my lawn (1 Viewer)

Eeyore

Cultured, sophisticated, man about town!
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Funny seeing him nearly fall over in that cement. Dude slightly overreacted;

Edit... it appears there were two idiots involved, the pickup belongs to someone visiting the house across the street.

Last edited:
Funny seeing him nearly fall over in that cement. Dude slightly overreacted;

Edit... it appears there were two idiots involved, the pickup belongs to someone visiting the house across the street.
But!
And the actual property where the truck was parked? It was on the public right of way, Jones said.
So the truck wasn't even parked on Mailander's property. Lol.

But!

So the truck wasn't even parked on Mailander's property. Lol.
I struggle with that strip of no mans land too. I have the sidewalk on my side of the street and people leave dog crap “in my yard”. If it’s a public ROW then the city should maintain it right? I mow, treat weeds, clean crap.... so it’s mine dang it. :frack:

I struggle with that strip of no mans land too. I have the sidewalk on my side of the street and people leave dog crap “in my yard”. If it’s a public ROW then the city should maintain it right? I mow, treat weeds, clean crap.... so it’s mine dang it. :frack:

Exactly!

If belongs to the city then is BS.

I get it. Over reaction yes but I do get it.

What you are looking at is a man in his 70s that busts his arse to keep his house looking good. That old man cuts that grass like a pro. He probably ferts it and treats for weeds. Does his place need paint? Nope. Look at his concrete he pressure washed the crap out of it.

That man's house looks great. And his hard work shows. Now if it was a piece of work he is just being a cork.

The thing that chaps my arse is whenever anyone does any work for the city in my lifetime you have to clean up after them. They prune an oak out of power lines you get to pick up all the small stuff. Your neighbor dropped whatever service they leave a wire hanging from the pole all the way to the ground for you to deal with. I once had one of those huge land line boxes in yard. Constantly picking up that tiny wire or it getting stuck in my trimmer. Oh and when they run new gas lines is the best they jackhammer your sidewalk and not pick up all the concrete and it will then look like that for months.

I have to say I am gonna find some overalls to cut off.

Those are griping!

Dudes just an old a hole.. But if he asked the truck owner to move the truck and he refuses, then I can (very) slightly get it. It did not mention in the article that he asked the guy to move it. He assumed it belonged to the people doing the concrete work, it seems it didn't. now he messed up their work and damaged someone's vehicle for no reason. It shouldn't matter how nice his house is or how good his driveway is pressure washed. if the owner of the truck would have come over and beat this old man up, it would have been NO ONES fault but his own.

Last edited:
admittedly it's grey area, but isn't that something you are choosing to do?
what really is the difference if you see an overgrown municipal playground and decide to cut that grass - doesn't really make it yours
i assume that's where your water meter is and you couldn't build anything over your water meter, yeah?

Screw that old dude. I have no measure of understanding or sympathy for him. If he's going to hammer peoples headlights out for parking on his (not his) "lawn" (sidewalk really) and damage what they're working on, the least he can do is ask if the truck belongs to them in the first place. What happened to just asking somebody to just move the truck? Sorry, but age is no excuse for that type of behavior.

I hope that concrete was hard as fork to remove from his legs. He needs to learn a lesson.

Reminds me of this story:

LAKE WORTH, Fla. —
The owner of a Tesla left his car charging at a stranger's home for more than 12 hours.

Phil Fraumeni has lived on Ardmore Drive in Lake Worth for 20 years.
He said he found the white Tesla on his grass Friday morning.
"It was plugged into my electric outlet on my house," Fraumeni said.
Fraumeni said he waited a few hours, then called police.
Deputies learned the electric car was not stolen and tracked down the address of the owner.
Fraumeni said a young man and woman showed up his home and the man said he was visiting a friend in the neighborhood when the Tesla battery died.
"From what the boy said from midnight the night before, so 12 hours it was charging," Fraumeni said.
Fraumeni said he did not press charges against the car owner and did not ask him to reimburse him for the use of electricity.

admittedly it's grey area, but isn't that something you are choosing to do?
what really is the difference if you see an overgrown municipal playground and decide to cut that grass - doesn't really make it yours
i assume that's where your water meter is and you couldn't build anything over your water meter, yeah?
i just don't bother cutting my grass. win/win for me and the city.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom