I Was Watching Trevor Siemian's Highlights with the Broncos (3 Viewers)

He's got a little bit better deep ball than I thought, which will help keep defenses honest. Jameis had the best deep ball I've ever seen for a Saints QB, but lacked the intermediate and short game, especially over the middle. That part of our offense, which was so important with Brees, was almost entirely missing with Jameis. Siemian can bring that part of our O back. He also has the understanding of how to run a screen by drifting back in the pocket and then throwing over the linemen, which Jameis had not mastered. I'm not saying I wouldn't rather have Jameis, but I am saying I don't think we're in bad shape here. I think with our O line and backs, our sticky D, and our superior ST play, we can still make a run this season.

I am a huuuuge Jameis fan, have been since college. I will tell you what I think. There is one area of Trevor's game that is a little bit better than Winston and that is the short intermediate game. I think he can hit some of the throws that Jameis was throwing behind or ahead of receivers in that 10-15yrd throws across the middle. I know a lot of that was due to timing and pressure on him, but hey I'm just looking for a silver lining.....

Didn’t know there was so many Trevor Siemian fans in the world.

So many people on here are very knowledgeable about his strength. Surprised I hadn’t heard much before last Sunday

Trevor has some ability, or he would not still be in the NFL. The question is. Whatever skills he has, can Payton groom those skills, into a viable QB, for the remainder of this season?

I have total confidence that Payton can manage whatever Trevor does well, into a productive winning season. Let’s remember. Payton managed Jameis for his first 6 games as a Saint, into a 4-2 record! And he is 1-0 with Trevor. And to be perfectly honest. Had the Saints not suffered all of the COVID issues with their coaching staff in week 2, I believe Jameis would have been 5-1.

It is what it is and nothing they can do about finding a replacement for Jameis at this time.

I think Siemian‘s instincts are naturally a little more careful with the ball. Jameis had to actively remember to not take dumb risks, which I think slowed him down going through his progressions because he’s an aggressive QB by nature. Siemian doesn’t throw the deep ball as well, but he has better touch in the short distance throws. It’ll be interesting to see if he can get more out of this offense.
I think Trevor’s quick recognition of the defense, and ball placement, is going to be a pleasant surprise. He appears to be very comfortable in the offense, even coming in cold last week, with only about 2-3 snaps in practice.

Yeah, I felt like Winston’s main goal was to play turnover free football. That’s great, but I also worried it was limiting our offense in the beginning. We did start to loosen up as the games went along. I guess that’s what surprised me with Siemian. He stepped in, and got the ball down the field without any hesitation when he had a chance. This is also great so long as he doesn’t get careless and it turns into picks. Again, I do think there’s a fine line in being confident with accuracy and knowing when you shouldn’t attempt the throw. If Siemain can play smart and be aggressive at the right times, I think we could still be in good shape. With these receivers, I feel like he might do well with his style of play. At this point all we can do is hope.
You got a Ginger clown face for expressing a very good personal (not at all negative) analysis of how the Saints have groomed Jameis and hope to groom and manage Trevor. 😂

I think we are basically in a Peyton Manning with the Broncos Situation although there won’t be a QB to come back.

Mixed with the Foles at Eagles situation where the backup just keeps winning vs all odds.

We got nothing to lose, as we have every excuse up our sleeves 🤣

I think Trevor’s quick recognition of the defense, and ball placement, is going to be a pleasant surprise. He appears to be very comfortable in the offense, even coming in cold last week, with only about 2-3 snaps in practice.
IDK. I rewatched the Tampa game last night. Trevor was very underwhelming. He has a noodle arm, was inaccurate on many throws. Offensive drives were sustained over and over via penalty.

Maybe with a full week of prep, he'll be better and I'm selling him short. I expect the Trevor experiment to be short-lived. Perhaps not beyond the first half today.

Trevor, Winston, Hill, or Book there is very little difference in talent between them. Hopefully Book will develop otherwise we will be in the market next season for a legitimate starting caliber qb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom