If...I don't want Goodell removed (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
if this ed werder thing has any legs, and it's clear roger is running roughshod over his office, i'm not sure i want him removed
2 reasons:
- i don't want the saints completely exonerated - i want them to still have that chip-on-the-shoulder us vs them mentality, and not to go into the season with a "sense of relief"
(reinstate everyone, but keep draft picks and fines)
- ALSO, i want him to be a castrated shell of a man when he hands sean payton the trophy in the dome

sweet

He's out of control. If it blows up in his face he will be released. The owners won't stand for such corruption. If he is caught, he'll say that his information was bad and blame the investigators. That's the only way he gets off unless they try to sweep it under the rug. But I have a feeling Vilma and Smith and the NFLPA won't let that happen.

I would be okay with a public flogging. And then he can go away. I think the idea of playing the SB in their home stadium is motivation enough for the players.

He's out of control. If it blows up in his face he will be released. The owners won't stand for such corruption. If he is caught, he'll say that his information was bad and blame the investigators. That's the only way he gets off unless they try to sweep it under the rug. But I have a feeling Vilma and Smith and the NFLPA won't let that happen.

There were no WMDs......it's the CIA's fault.

Goodell then given an extension....

If someone accused me of wrong-doing of this magnitude, (trying to end player's careers with cheap shots), I want the quickest and most severe punishment possible.

If this proves true then it confirms my theory that this was never really about the Saints. It was all about Goodell distracting the public from the concussion lawsuit while making it appear that his NFL is all about player safety. He had to find something huge "safety" related to trot to the public and may having been sitting on this whole "bounty" thing for two years. If it turns out that half of what Werder is reporting is true Goodell needs to go, Payton gets reinstated, and no one gets suspended plus compensatory picks for the Saints in the next draft.

I just want Payton and the draft picks back...

I think the "source" may have legs, but GODell will likely have him assasinated by tommorow. (I honestly would not be surprised given the past few months)

if it is found that goodell made all this crap up about legal suits being filed can Goodell in fact be arrested for messing with a legal matter? Seems that could be a possibility. It's funny that he talks about integrity of the game of football when you think aout it.

Can someone please fill me in or post a link.. I looked all over that other page and I see nothing.

If found true, I would think there could be lawsuits for libel and/or defamation at a minimum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom