If Winston isn't healthy and feeling good to play. We should let him rest. (1 Viewer)

I agree. I'm all over here saying this. Soon as I heard broken L1-L4 and understood what they were saying (my husband had yelled it out to me from the other room and I didn't know what he was talking about), I couldn't believe he was playing. I think it was just dumb.

Jameis should learn from Baker Mayfield.

That is all. No dishonor in sitting down.
The league doesn’t care you are a warrior.

One game you prove a point. More than that is silliness.

JW will not ask to sit even if he is in pain and not able to practice , as it happened this week. I guess he doesn’t want to lose his starting QB position. DA needs to make that decision if he believes Dalton can do the job for a couple of games.

I agree. I'm all over here saying this. Soon as I heard broken L1-L4 and understood what they were saying (my husband had yelled it out to me from the other room and I didn't know what he was talking about), I couldn't believe he was playing. I think it was just dumb.
Some people walk around their whole life with those cracked and don’t even no it. Firefighters, construction workers….
Just sayin 👍🏻

I have a feeling time will tell. I have 6 herniated disks, and they don't cause me to make bad decisions.
I get this is meant to be funny, but you aren't trying to throw a football 50 yards down the field, violently torquing your entire core on every play and being hit by 300+ lb. world-class athletes. If there is a point in there, the sheer absurdity absolutely aborts it.

The worst way to make a point that a player is not good is to say "well I do/don't do this all the time." Dude isn't sitting on his couch, he's playing professional football.

Some people walk around their whole life with those cracked and don’t even no it. Firefighters, construction workers….
Just sayin 👍🏻
Nah if you're playing football, you know it. The sheer amount of core activation for a QB, you're violently twisting and torquing your back on every play. Winston is probably injected to his teeth on cortisol and muscle relaxers.

My guess is it's his transverse processes, the small bones projecting out from the vertebrae. The spine isn't in jeopardy, but the pain is unreal. Like throwing out your back every time you move.

For the record, I think there has to be and likely is a conversation ongoing about if Winston continues to play with his injury. I am not throwing my opinion in there because I am not in the building, don't know the entire situation, and this is one game. Drew Brees had 3 int. games, too. Everyone saying that this is proof Winston is the 2019 version of himself has not been paying attention to literally every other game he has played since then.

I am more concerned about the offensive rhythm in the passing game, but as strange as this may sound... changing the QB might not be the cure for that.

I didn't know about his injury until today. Really based on his performance today, and his injury, if he is limited by Wednesday injury report, I call for him to sit out this coming game or two.
Stay in Nola and get treatment instead of jumping on a plane ride to London in 2 weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom