In defense of Road House (2 Viewers)

I tell you.. Roadhouse was pure fiction.. so far from the truth it's pathetic...

Having Ran a Live Music Venue for a few years.. The truth is... The Men are cool and they don;t fight that much... It's the Women... OMG... I had more trouble with Women fighting... and then they would go and lock themselves in the bathroom... I had to finally get a door lock with a key...

Man.. When women drink.. They can get get crazy..

I had one girl hit a guy once... and this customer looked at me and said: "Hey, she just hit that guy." and I was like... "Well what do you want me to do, Beat her up?" or how about I physically man handle her out the door? I mean, I already know what she did dude... Now I am trying to get this drunk birch who is flinging and throwing her and arms and legs on the floor in a violent display of drunken stupidness and figure out how to get her out of here... She is just a flaming ball of flying limbs.

The guy she hit drug her drunk arse out and took her home.. safetly...

Would that movie just happen to be called "Sisters of War" Joe? I've heard it's gotten some really good reviews recently.

One movie from the early 90s that has a hidden existential message even though on the surface its seemingly a light-hearted comedy/drama and that's Groundhog Day, a self-centered, egotistical jerk reporter who has to repeat the same day over and over again until he learns his lesson to be more humble, gracious towards others. That movie has developed quite a cult following over the years since its release.

Love Roadhouse, have seen in multiple times....

Groundhog Day does indeed deserve it's own thread. We used to have a fishing cabin in PA....and I can tell you whoever did that movie got the Pennsylvanians and PA in general spot-on....all the way down to the weird accent.....it is really one of my favorite movies of all time....

We already have a guilty pleasures thread
No, no, just no.

Enjoying Road House should be no one's guilty pleasure. Enjoying Road House is like enjoying The Godfather, Star Wars, or King freakin' Lear. I absolutely REFUSE to apologize for it.

Road House is very much an '80s take on the classic western. Stranger comes to town, sees how it's being run into the ground by the local robber-baron, does something about it, then rides off.

See also the timeless '80s classic Rustler's Rhapsody.

Groundhog Day does indeed deserve it's own thread. We used to have a fishing cabin in PA....and I can tell you whoever did that movie got the Pennsylvanians and PA in general spot-on....all the way down to the weird accent.... movies of all time....
Hey, as a born and bred Pennsylvanian, I resemble that remark.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom