Interesting Steelers' Article (1 Viewer)

Interesting, something we Saints know all too well. Terrific stats don't make for a terrific team or winning record. Any team can pile up a ton of passing yardage trying to come back from behind. It makes the QB's numbers look great (AB anyone?). When you see the numbers for the game you really wonder how the team could've lost (Brees had 375 yds. passing against the Ravens). The Steelers are learning this same lesson.

I said last year that Ben Roethlisberger did not impress me. To me he looked very much like a "Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, just don't lose the game" type of QB (not the next Montana or Marino). Roethlisberger also had the lowest QB rating for a Superbowl winning QB (by far....). People here told me "Big Ben is the next great NFL QB". Well, now when the team needs him to win games by taking them over and just not lose them, he's losing them. Of course to be fair I do have to take into account Roethlisberger's offseason injuries. The kid has had a rough year. But that still doesn't convince me that he could carry the Steelers alone (say if starting LT was hurt, star WR was out, his star RB was still not 100% after offseason knee surgery.....).

Last edited:
Interesting, something we Saints know all too well. Terrific stats don't make for a terrific team or winning record. Any team can pile up a ton of passing yardage trying to come back from behind. It makes the QB's numbers look great (AB anyone?). When you see the numbers for the game you really wonder how the team could've lost (Brees had 375 yds. passing against the Ravens). The Steelers are learning this same lesson.

I said last year that Ben Roethlisberger did not impress me. To me he looked very much like a "Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, just don't lose the game" type of QB (not the next Montana or Marino). Roethlisberger also had the lowest QB rating for a Superbowl winning QB (by far....). People here told me "Big Ben is the next great NFL QB". Well, now when the team needs him to win games by taking them over and just not lose them, he's losing them. Of course to be fair I do have to take into account Roethlisberger's offseason injuries. The kid has had a rough year. But that still doesn't convince me that he could carry the Steelers alone (say if starting LT was hurt, star WR was out, his star RB was still not 100% after offseason knee surgery.....).

Many people don't wanna hear this, but I think folks are still giving PITT too much credit... And that's fine. I understand it.

When I try to simplify this week's game (I know you really can't), and with both team's "statistic's" being similar... The question I ask myself is the following:

Based on the first half of the season, and these two teams being "statisically even," who would I put my money on this Sunday: Drew Brees or Ben R.?

Therein lies my answer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom