International Travel- US re-entry requirements (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So we are going to Europe in 3 weeks. Just learned that in order to return to US on 4 July, we must present a "travel certificate" as evidence of negative viral Covid test.

Never even THOUGHT to check US re-entry requirements as i was so focused on ENTRY to Switzerland and France.

Just a heads up for anyone traveling outside US this summer.

Just added $800 ( $200 per person for test ) to trip. Sheeesh.

Edit - make that $1000....must be within 24 hrs of travel and of course, its $50 per more to expedite results.

so i found this site which looks to be WAAAY cheaper and easier. Anyone travel recently and have one they recommend?

So does this mean within 24 hours of travel back to the U.S.? So you'll need to have it with you and test overseas?

I'm heading to Israel in November.

So does this mean within 24 hours of travel back to the U.S.? So you'll need to have it with you and test overseas?

I'm heading to Israel in November.

as of now, yes.

I read the Airlines are PRESSING HARD to have this requirement lifted. Shoot, France and Switzerland lifted entry requirements on 4/1 ( if you originate from a "green" country - ie moderate transmission )

US seems to be the only major country left requiring this and yep, must be within 24 hours of departure. We depart on a Monday so i was freakin out as to finding some place in Geneva open on a Sunday and offering expedited results. Found em and they want $250 per person.

Went online and found a few "telemed" sites - but now im confused as US requires "viral" test ( im thinkin PCR ) but many sites say " antigen" ( the rapid 15 min ) test. Are they still gonna issue me a travel cert?

as of now, yes.

I read the Airlines are PRESSING HARD to have this requirement lifted. Shoot, France and Switzerland lifted entry requirements on 4/1 ( if you originate from a "green" country - ie moderate transmission )

US seems to be the only major country left requiring this and yep, must be within 24 hours of departure. We depart on a Monday so i was freakin out as to finding some place in Geneva open on a Sunday and offering expedited results. Found em and they want $250 per person.

Went online and found a few "telemed" sites - but now im confused as US requires "viral" test ( im thinkin PCR ) but many sites say " antigen" ( the rapid 15 min ) test. Are they still gonna issue me a travel cert?

I think Commerce announced yesterday plans to increase international tourism and many believe the testing requirement is going to come down soon.

Which country are you going to be in the day before you come home? Most rapid COVID tests in Europe I've found to be like $50-100 max.

So we are going to Europe in 3 weeks. Just learned that in order to return to US on 4 July, we must present a "travel certificate" as evidence of negative viral Covid test.

Never even THOUGHT to check US re-entry requirements as i was so focused on ENTRY to Switzerland and France.

Just a heads up for anyone traveling outside US this summer.

Just added $800 ( $200 per person for test ) to trip. Sheeesh.

Edit - make that $1000....must be within 24 hrs of travel and of course, its $50 per more to expedite results.
That's just a racket. Crazy.

as of now, yes.

If they would accept it, maybe bring some Binax test kits with you and use that? I just bought one with 2 tests included for $25.

Which country are you going to be in the day before you come home? Most rapid COVID tests in Europe I've found to be like $50-100 max.

Switzerland- its $150 CHF ( Swiss Francs ) for saliva swab and an additional 50 CHF for "urgent" ( 100 CHF =$104 USD )

Most international airports or nearby will have rapid PCR testing available with 3 hour results so you can get the test same day you fly. I have paid anywhere from $80-120 for these tests.

Flight leaves 9 am lol

So we gotta go Sunday. Im just looking at the expense part- God forbid any one of us test positive - ( esp me as my wife is NOT a good traveler lol so if she weere to have to fly home with the girls - oh i dont even want to think about it - because original EWR to MSY was switched to EWR to Dulles and Dulles to MSY - that would not go well lol )

If they would accept it, maybe bring some Binax test kits with you and use that? I just bought one with 2 tests included for $25.

so these telemed sites will "oversee" an antigen test. But if they issue me a Travel Certificate based on ANTIGEN, i paid $X dollars for nothing as its my understanding they want VIRAL ( PCR like test )

as of now, yes.

I think any nasal swap tests are viral tests including those rapid test. Antibody tests require drawing blood. Thanks for the info. We are traveling in 2 weeks and just called my hotel. They confirmed that they offer covid testing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom