International Travel- US re-entry requirements (1 Viewer)

Have you looked at trip insurance? You might want to consider it in case someone in your party tests positive for your trip back and you have to shell out another weeks worth of hotels.

Have you looked at trip insurance? You might want to consider it in case someone in your party tests positive for your trip back and you have to shell out another weeks worth of hotels.

Always (!) get trip insurance.

Never (!) buy it through an airline or other travel provider.

Go to a site that will compile quotes for you - you’ll get about 20 quotes and you can figure out which coverage elements best suit your trip needs. And it will usually be quite a bit cheaper than what you are offered on the airline or travel site.

When we booked this late 2021 i REALLY thought things would have settled to the point of "no test travel". Silly me. I did pay more for for flight for this sole reason.

We have family there. That is least of my worries.

And truth be told, im not TERRIBLY sad to spend another week in Switzerland. ;)

My clients that are expecting me back on 5 July will simply have to "deal with it " lol.

We will take precautions, be smart indoors etc. Now im second guessing that train from Geneva to Paris lolol. Ahhhh eff it- YOLO.

This has nothing to do with Covid testing, but a funny story about re-entry into the US after traveling overseas. I went to Italy for a summer, went hiking in the Alps and just kind of touring about. At some point, I had my passport in my back pocket during a rain storm. Everything I had with me was soaking wet. I didn't think much about it and just kind of set my passport out to dry for the night and carried on with my trip. However, upon entry back in Atlanta, I was flagged and moved to another section because they suspected my passport was fake. It seems that the water caused the blue cover to bleed through and form these blue spots all over the image/details page. This was years and years ago, but from what I remember of the conversation, they informed me that the passport was designed for this not to happen and thus I, or someone, had tampered with it. Even though I had a Louisiana drivers license, a college ID and several other forms of ID, I still ended up sitting in customs for several hours waiting until they finally showed back up with a faxed copy of my information to prove I was who I said I was. Thankfully, I didn't end up missing my next flight since I had quite a lengthy wait, but either way it was kind of scary thinking somehow I wouldn't be allowed back into the US. I ended up having to surrender that passport and getting another made, which cost me however many $ that was back then.

Short version, don't get your passport wet.

Good news for those of us with overseas travel plans

Thank god. That was such a pain. Last time I was flying back into the US was in the big surge in late November when US was leading the world in covid. It made as much sense as having a cavity search for cocaine flying into Colombia.

**LITRES not GALLONS.

LITRES not GALLONS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom