Iraqi Dinar Speculation (1 Viewer)

If I was an Iraqi politician and I wanted to suceed then one of the things I would try to do within a few years is prop the economy somewhat by changing currency over a shortish period of time from old insanely inflated Dinars to new Dinars or new whatevers with a limited time to exchange old for new. Im not saying that the next Iraqi gummint will do this, hell Im not even claiming they want stability. I will say that you might want to keep your eyes and ears open in case they do. Or echange the Dinars for dollars after the first enthusiastic wave of revaluation occurs when Iraqi oil industry is nearly running at full profitable chat again.

Everyone knows the big money is in waffles.

Pancakes Kill
Pancakes20Mouth.jpg

just for sport

How would one go about buying them?
Ijust opened this thread and haven't read all responses- USAToday quite often has a half page add for this- there was one in this week. Don't know if this is a legit venture- or the source that bought a truckload years back is trying to cut his losses....either way it might be worth a shot. I laughed at some friends that bought acreage on the moon, that may be worth a shot, too. You'll own mineral rights if they ever start mining......

I'm not a broker, but if it "sky rockets" by 8%, haven't you just earned 8% for holding the currency for 5 years? Wouldn't a simple 1.5% checking account have done that over 5 years? :idunno:

Sounds awfully underpants gnomish to be excited about that return.

I dont know if anyone has heard anything about this subject but someone to told me that they got revalued at $3.42. That would be a huge increase up from like .0008. Is there anyone here that is planning on trying to cash in. Or will it be impossible to trade the dinars in for US dollars. I wish i had some, the risk reward seemed like it was a no brainer.

Yeah, I dont think thats true. I just looked it up and a website is buying them at $850 per million saddam dinars. I have a few tens of thousands and I think it is just a slight increase for what I paid. Not even enough to bother.

I have a friend (well actually he is an e-mail buddy) whose father, a rich Nigerian businessman) was recently killed while traveling in France. Anyway, my friend inherited a lot of money and he is going to transfer it to my account. He's such a nice guy, he was going to give me $750,000 just for helping him out but I told him it was not necessary. I know he would do the same for me.

someone lied to you. about 800-900 bucks for 1M is a little high but could be right. I have not been in Iraq in a while...

OOPS... Can i have a few of them? My nephew would love to play with them. Or use them to play Monopoly, because sometimes the bank runs out of money. I hate when that happens,

I guess I will either be able to tell my friend i told you so. Or i will have to eat my words whenever he turns his 400 dollar investment into 1.2 something million dollars. He says he will be making the exchange next tuesday, so i should know something soon. I will let everyone know how smart or stupid i was for not believing him when whatever happens.

I guess I will either be able to tell my friend i told you so. Or i will have to eat my words whenever he turns his 400 dollar investment into 1.2 something million dollars. He says he will be making the exchange next tuesday, so i should know something soon. I will let everyone know how smart or stupid i was for not believing him when whatever happens.

yeah, its really not gonna be the case. Look on ebay right now. There are tons of them for cheap. People would be buying them up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRAQ-10-000-SAD..._Artifacts&hash=item483b1a0039#ht_2064wt_1137

Saddam marks are completely worthless and are only cheap souvenirs. Is your buddy trying to turn in Saddam marks? He will get nothing, absolutely nothing...

Saddam marks are completely worthless and are only cheap souvenirs. Is your buddy trying to turn in Saddam marks? He will get nothing, absolutely nothing...

Im not sure how you can say that. I already posted that someone was buying them at $850 per million.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom