Is Bub Means A Fit For The Deebo Samuel Role In The Kubiak Offense? (1 Viewer)

Different player. The giveaway is the short shuttle time. Elite for Deebo, poor for Bub. That time measures lateral quickness and change of direction. That's a huge part of what makes Deebo special.

They have similarities in that they both come in to the league with yard after catch ability, and both have a need to work on their route running. That's where the similarities largely end.

We're trying to project a new player in a new offense. No one is saying he's just as good as Deebo.
That's how i took the original post. And i think if you're projecting them you should be projecting them realistically to another late round player like brandon coleman or something.
The round doesn't matter, it's the physical comparison that matters.
Thanks for doing my heavy lifting. :D

He's exactly like Debo... Literal carbon copy.... Now he just has to make the team.

I think his point is to let’s not put the cart before the horse on a 5th round draft pick and comparing him to one of the best in the game.
I know the point, but it's irrelevant. We're trying to guess what we may have in this young rook and so we're doing a physical comparison. Physically, he's like Deebo if not a lil better. The question then becomes mental. This isn't rocket surgery.

I'm hesitant to compare any rookie (especially a 5th round pick) to one of the most unique weapons we've seen in the modern game. So instead of comparing him to Deebo Samuel I think it would be more fair to compare him to another rookie, Xavier Leggette. Both guys are big, well built, athletic WRs with only one year of production in college. Both players are seen as limited at this point in terms of polish. They aren't going to walk into the league running a full route tree. Means is a raw deep threat and Leggette is a raw get the ball in his hands and he'll do the rest playmaker.

But what I've thought about Leggette holds true for Bub, if they keep it simple at first and just ask them to do what they do best, they could have an impact. Obviously these two players have different skillsets but the Panthers used a 1st round pick on Leggette. The Saints used a 5th round pick on Means. That seems like a pretty good value I guess. I don't know where Means fits in the offense but I don't know where Leggette would've fit either. I just wanted an athletic playmaker. Hopefully Means is that guy. If he's not then oh well, no harm done. Just another 5th round pick that didn't work out.
Good take. Legette is the guy I wanted at wideout. I also can't compare a late round rook to one of the best playmakers in the NFL. Although I do understand the physical similarities, and I wish Bub well.

The offense is more of a Kubiak system than a Shanahan system. I don’t think we will see a Deebo package, which is good because he gets injured often.

I would look towards the old Broncos and Texans schemes for insight into what our offense will look like.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom