Is DA trying to recreate the 2009 defense? (2 Viewers)

This year's defense seems more fundamentally sound, especially versus the run. 2009's defense was much more opportunistic. It be surprising if any defensive back will ever have a year like that of Sharper in 2009. It's a shame he turned out to be such a scumbag as a person.

I loved the 2009 defense for being aggressive, generating turnovers, and helping us win the Super Bowl. So far, from a schematic point, it appears that he's trying to recreate the same defense. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

i don't remember the 2009 secondary being CLUELESS on how to cover and how to TACKLE!

What I recall for the 1st 7 games of the 2009 D was that you EXPECTED not only 3 & Out's but TURNOVER's at any moment!

Then the injuries started to pile up...

Heck, even McAlister and McKenzie played lights out against the Patriots just "walking in off the streets".

He only set an NFL Record for most Interception Return Yards in a season!!!

(He's #3 overall for lifetime Interception Return Yards behind Hall of Famers Ed Reed and Ron Woodson)
He could have had more because I believe 2 or 3 were called back.

I loved the 2009 defense for being aggressive, generating turnovers, and helping us win the Super Bowl. So far, from a schematic point, it appears that he's trying to recreate the same defense. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?
I don’t see any similarities to the 2009 defense. It was a turnover machine with a FS that was a pick-6 machine. We also had Vilma and we played 3 LBs; play mostly 4-2-5 this year. Vilma was amazing at calling defensive audibles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom