N/S Is It Safe To Put The Texans In The Snakebitten Franchises Category? (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And I don’t mean that with sarcasm. Their most successful coach is also the most inept, haven’t been to a Super Bowl and their most successful QB wants out at the moment. All in their first nineteen seasons.

As the Titans. I think for their first year they were the Tennessee Oilers, but by the time they went to XXXIV, they were renamed the Titans.
Indeed they were. Just saying as the just departed Oilers, that had to hurt Houston fans as they’d never been to a Super Bowl in Houston.

I would say the Texans are extremely inept. Outside a few players, hard to think of any Texans of note

The Texans are one of the fanbases along with the Bengals and Jets that I truly feel sorry for. These are franchises that have incompetence from the top of the organization, meaning ownership, which means there is nothing fixing that. The fans of these teams probably have high hopes and excitement every offseason hoping it will turn around but the reality is it never will unless the team is sold.

Has it been outright confirmed that Watson wants out?

Or is it just a bunch of Internet detectives trying to make sense out of cryptic Tweets that people do for attention?

Not saying I would blame him one bit, but I just don't remember seeing anything official on this.

The Texans got off to a terrible start by picking Charley Casserly as their first GM and then letting him completely screw up their expansion draft. The rules were set up for them to be excellent right out of the gate and they did not take advantage of it.

Has it been outright confirmed that Watson wants out?

Or is it just a bunch of Internet detectives trying to make sense out of cryptic Tweets that people do for attention?

Not saying I would blame him one bit, but I just don't remember seeing anything official on this.

Nothing official, but he clearly wants out. It's just that him actually saying 'I don't want to play for so-and-so team could be spun and made to put him in a bad light. It isn't just the tweets either, it's things like him apologizing to JJ Watt for wasting a season of his career. In short, it's a bunch of little things being added up by people, but its looking like there's some fire in the smoke.

Sure the Texans are snakebit, but in this case, the snake is laying harmlessly on the ground 30 feet away and the Texans are running at it, screaming, with their pants off.

Last edited:
Nothing official, but he clearly wants out. It's just that him actually saying 'I don't want to play for so-and-so team could be spun and made to put him in a bad light. It isn't just the tweets either, it's things like him apologizing to JJ Watt for wasting a season of his career. In short, it's a bunch of little things being added up by people, but its looking like there's some fire in the smoke.
Well part of the problem with Deshaun Watson is signing that extension with the Texans even after knowing they traded Hopkins to the Cardinals. I know some would say that nobody is gonna turn down that kind of money but it's not like no other teams would have line up to make an offer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom