Is there any chance Kenny Phillips drops to the second round? (1 Viewer)

Phillips won't drop further than San Diego... With the release of Mcree, I bet they are salivating about the thought of adding Phillips to their defense.

He doesn't deserve to go in the first round.

He has 7 career interceptions. One was a tipped pass, one was thrown right to him, and five were against Duke and FIU. He's an in-the-box safety at best, he's not a playmaker. Sure, he's probably the best safety in the draft, but that's not saying much.

Mayock doesn't even have Phillips rated as his top rated safety in the draft.

Wait to see if the Lito / Larry Fitz trade goes through. If that does, the Eagles will 90% sure take him.

When you say second, I assume you mean 41 where we pick. In that case, no. But there is a chance he falls out the first. The Eagles will take either a S or a WR. The safety from NC State is rumored to be better and climbing up the draft boards, both before and after the combine. Who knows? The top DT last year fell to the second round, and Arizona traded up to grab Alan Branch I think with the first pick of round two. So I won't say it is impossible.

No.. I wasnt assuming the 41st pick i mean anywhere in the second round in general

I think someone will draft for need and he will go late first, he is regaurded as the best safety in the draft and he may very well be the best in this class. That is not an endorsment of K.Phillips so much as it is an indictment of the current class of safetys... Im not sure that he would improve this team in anything other than a backup or special teams capacity.

Teams in the 1st round that cannot pass on Kenny Phillips:

Redskins
Chargers
Giants
Skins still need DL in the worst way. I can see them taking Campbell over Phillips. Chargers have Weddle and McCree. They're set at that position. I certainly could see the Giants taking S or Cb or LB, it's a toss up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom