Is Ty Montgomery the surprise of training camp? (1 Viewer)

I forget what the number is right now but Keith Washington has something like 5-7 interceptions. He’s one to watch.

He's a talented player, and I look forward to watching him. I haven't researched it, but suspect he didn't leave his old teams under the best of terms. Payton's known for playing with fire, so that wouldn't deter him.

I was shocked when it was announced that we signed him bc I thought he had already signed with someone else. Couldn’t believe he was still available. I’m stoked about having Ty! I think his abilities fits in well with what SP likes to do.

I think he was on the market as long as he was because he doesn't fit many offensive systems in the league. And the offenses he would fit in already have their guy for that role. He's been on three teams in the past two years and he hasn't put up great numbers so there wasn't much of a market for a WR who isn't a WR or a RB who isn't a RB.

I think this was a shrewd move by SP. You sign the guy and if he doesn't pan out then whatever. If he does pan out then you have insurance for AK, positional flexibility, roster flexibility, and another special teams guy. I hope he makes the final roster because he seems like a great fit for the Saints.

He should fit in pretty well with this team. He has some ability and can likely fill in for Kamara if he is out for a couple of games or gets banged up in a game. I wonder if he is on special teams packages in camp? That would be a sign that he has a future with the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom