It's not good when your offense is as bad as the Ditka era Saints (1 Viewer)

The offense was terrible today, despite having 2 late touchdown. But I won't go that far. Ditka offense was awful to watch from start to finish.
Considering that offenses have far more advantages than they did 26 years ago, this offense is every bit as bad. Then you look at the talent on offense compared to this team, it is dumb founding.

Pointing out that the coordinator of this offense is the easiest piece to replace between QB, OC, and HC is usually not received so well here.

So here it is again: Pete Carmichael Jr. is the easiest replacement for the Saints to make in the 2024 offseason. A new OC who looks at the team’s OL investments and its skill players, and says “I can max you guys out” should be the first step taken to righting this team’s wrongs. Having someone to confidently and thoroughly run that side of the ball will let Allen focus his time on sharpening the defense, which has age concerns and health/experience concerns for the players behind those aging players.

An offensive coordinator who does not try to shoehorn QBs into having the same cerebral capabilities as the one he used to coach for 20 years could then sort between what Carr does well, where he needs improvement, and what he needs to not be asked to do anymore. It would be wonderful to find another QB who sees and plays the game like Drew Brees did, but with the way teams have to invest in a QB now, you have to have a coordinator who can scheme for the guys on the roster, not the guys he wishes he had. And Brees was truly special, no one here will dispute that. But he’s not coming back. Thank him for the memories and let’s move this thing forward.

The fact that you're comparing this offensive performance to the Ditka era is so much more damning when you consider how much talent there is on this team compared to what Ditka had, which was essentially nothing, and I do understand we were missing several big playmakers yesterday.

The fact that you're comparing this offensive performance to the Ditka era is so much more damning when you consider how much talent there is on this team compared to what Ditka had, which was essentially nothing, and I do understand we were missing several big playmakers yesterday.
Coaching is everything. They didn't have a lot of talent, but there were times when a spark would happen, and it was due to the players being motivated.

You can have talent, but if the coaching is terrible, then soon the morale of the team/players will follow. Kerry Collins was the QB at one point, and believe it or not, he was the leading rusher for a handful of games. Talk about pitiful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom