It's not good when your offense is as bad as the Ditka era Saints (3 Viewers)

Considering that offenses have far more advantages than they did 26 years ago, this offense is every bit as bad. Then you look at the talent on offense compared to this team, it is dumb founding.
The entire sport has been watered down since then, mainly through the way the rules of the game are interpreted. It takes a flashback to the likes of Danny Wuerffel and the Billy Joes for Carr to not seem so bad, ha.

I liked the Winfred Tubbs Mark Fields duo. Probably the only thing during that era I enjoyed saint related. Sammy Knight also.
Those were the days, 5-11, 6-10, 7-9 seasons but it was fun rooting for those individual performances each Sunday, kind of reminds me of the current Saints Teams under DA

You don't have the regression of our O line's performance, what amounts to 3 of the top 20 WR's who can't get separation, 2 RB's gaining less than 4yds a carry this season and a 140M QB and put these God awful numbers (or lack thereof) up.

We've got talent and for some reason can't score??? WTH...this rests solely on our coaches...from top to bottom.

I can't think of one position group on offense that has excelled...not one! Johnson was on pace for a breakout year and he's regressed. Graham can't get on the field...even though when he does, he gains yards or TD's.

What a waste of a season and we're stil evaluating talent for gameday? I say blow the entire offensive coaching staff up. You can't tell me with all this talent, there aren't 15-20 guys who can bring their own staff in and turn around this pathetic excuse of an offense we have?

And yes...I still feel as though the second we're no longer in contention for Div winners (the ONLY way we make it to the playoffs), Allen is gone and Curry takes over as interim head coach.

My two cents...and with today's inflation...that ain't muchšŸ˜‰

I liked Ray Zellers and Mario Bates.
Iirc Ray Zellers didnā€™t like Mario Bates lol.

Edit, nvmā€¦it was Neal who broke Batesā€™ jaw.

As anemic as the Saints Offense has been this year it's hard to believe but true that the Saints have scored more points and have given up fewer points than any other team in the division.

In fact, the Saints are the only team in the plus column in net points in the NFC South.

Saints. +24
Yucs. -8
Clowns. -18
Pansies. -144

In fact the Saints have almost double a better net points differential than ATL and TB combined.

How warm and fuzzy do you think their fans are feeling about their Offensive production right now?

I liked the Winfred Tubbs Mark Fields duo. Probably the only thing during that era I enjoyed saint related. Sammy Knight also.
I remember a game against the Rams. Somehow we got the #1 team Sumrall and Madden calling the game.
Isaac Bruce caught a pass and had clear sailing to the endzone. Out of nowhere Mark Fields catches him
from behind before he makes it. Madden said I've been around pro football for over 50 years and that's
the first time I've ever seen a #50 run down a #80. Fwiw, Ditka said Mark Fields was faster than Lawrence
Taylor.

Sammy Knight doesn't get the credit he deserves. He was an undrafted free agent undersized LB converted to Safety. He was a dominating force for the Saints on defense for several years. The Saints felt like he was a liability in coverage in his later years so they moved on to worse by those who they replaced him with. Sammy Knight should be considered one of the Saints All-Time Greats on defense with how he played the game.

Sammy Knight doesn't get the credit he deserves. He was an undrafted free agent undersized LB converted to Safety. He was a dominating force for the Saints on defense for several years. The Saints felt like he was a liability in coverage in his later years so they moved on to worse by those who they replaced him with. Sammy Knight should be considered one of the Saints All-Time Greats on defense with how he played the game.
Sammy had a sixth sense in coverage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom