I've always wondered this... tell me I'm not the only one (1 Viewer)

Whether or not the games interfere with church is irrelevant to me; I'd just like to see all the games start at 3:15 or later so that people could stay out late the night before, sleep in, then take their time getting to the game or the bar to watch it. It was especially annoying when I lived on the West Coast and had to get to the bar at 9:30 to get a seat, but even now that I'm in the Central time zone, it would be nice not to have to rush on a Sunday, for Chrissakes (pun intended.)

Why don't the Saints petition for more games in the 3pm time slot? It's not a secret that New Orleans is a pretty religious city (I mean, heck, we're called the SAINTS) so why not make the games a bit more user-friendly for the church crowd? Granted, there are ways around this with the current system in place, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels conflicted when it comes time to decide Saints vs. Saint Peter Claver...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The NFL announced Monday that the Saints home game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has been moved from a Noon (CT) kickoff to a 3:15 pm (CT) start time.

The December 2 game will still be broadcast by FOX, but now will air as the second half of their Sunday NFL double-header coverage.
[/FONT]

Get the rest of your family to join the fun by getting season tickets as well. My parents, brother, and sister, all live an hour away. We get together to go to the game on Sundays. We all still usually make it to mass one way or another as well.

Starting times are dictated by television. And since attendance and tv viewership is not lacking in the NFL, I don't see them changing it.

Why don't the Saints petition for more games in the 3pm time slot? It's not a secret that New Orleans is a pretty religious city (I mean, heck, we're called the SAINTS) so why not make the games a bit more user-friendly for the church crowd? Granted, there are ways around this with the current system in place, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels conflicted when it comes time to decide Saints vs. Saint Peter Claver...

Tell father Michael too speed up the service, j/k lol

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The NFL announced Monday that the Saints home game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has been moved from a Noon (CT) kickoff to a 3:15 pm (CT) start time.

The December 2 game will still be broadcast by FOX, but now will air as the second half of their Sunday NFL double-header coverage.
[/FONT]

Thanks for pointing out the very event that made me ponder this in the first place

Tell father Michael too speed up the service, j/k lol

No, never
last time I went, I sat one row behind Nagin; shoulda seen us sneaking peeks at our phones for updates lol

I think the start of the work week should be postponed from Monday to Tuesday during football season.

Get the rest of your family to join the fun by getting season tickets as well. My parents, brother, and sister, all live an hour away. We get together to go to the game on Sundays. We all still usually make it to mass one way or another as well.

if it were that easy,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom