Video J. T. O'Sullivan's Spencer Rattler Analysis - Preseason Week 3 - 2024 (1 Viewer)

Thank goodness for JT. He can be a voice of experience at times. Maybe after watching this, we can become realistic about all the Rattmania. I know you Rattmaniacs will try to say I'm a hater but that could not be further from the truth. I like Ratt, I think he has some pretty impressive arm talent and could develop into something. I see as JT pointed out some issues, like decision-making, some low football IQ plays and some inaccurate throws. YES he made some great throws like the fade to St Brown. His arm mechanics are good it's his footwork and his depth of drop-backs that are an issue. He needs to work on his anticipation and placement of the ball.
These are the same issues that were his weaknesses in college.

I am hopeful that Janocko can develop Ratt into someone that has a chance to start. But right now I think it's better for him to be QB3 and not be thrown into a game, it could have a detrimental effect

I really don’t think this is a “Saints Homer” thing —they were both fairly short-term NFL backups, but I appreciate JT’s thoughts and reviews but feel Kent Bentkirk is only “talking to hear himself talk” and not providing any true “substance”

Whatever you do, don’t watch his Carr video from last year. You’ll really be pulling for Rattler to start
Nonsense, Of course, I watched JT's breakdown of DC. I thought a lot of what he said was accurate, a couple things I kind of disagreed with but that was wk 7 and the DC that played the last 5-6 wks of the season was a much better DC

Nonsense, Of course, I watched JT's breakdown of DC. I thought a lot of what he said was accurate, a couple things I kind of disagreed with but that was wk 7 and the DC that played the last 5-6 wks of the season was a much better DC
How is it nonsense? Did you watch the video? He’s saying things like “this is a mistake a veteran cannot make” and it shows Shahid showing him up…its a bad look and the video is not flattering. Maybe you're watching a different video. You're response was nonsensical.

How is it nonsense? Did you watch the video? He’s saying things like “this is a mistake a veteran cannot make” and it shows Shahid showing him up…its a bad look and the video is not flattering. Maybe you're watching a different video. You're response was nonsensical.
It means OF COURSE I watched JT's breakdown, not that it was nonsense

Too bad JT didn't play quarterback as well as he critiques them.

Some people are chefs and others are critics.
I guess you could say that, but he made $41,828,471 over an 11 year career as a number 2. I wish I could make that at my job for supposedly not being very good at it. lol

I mean of course he was never starting material, he only started 5 games. Sean Payton wasn't that good at QB either but did a pretty decent job coaching them up.

He was the best QB in the NFL the last 5-6 weeks statistically, but most won't give him credit for that. This is coming from someone that is super excited about Rattler and thinks he clearly did enough to be the number 2, while also understanding it truly does not matter if he is the 2 or 3 today because that could change in a week.

Thank goodness for JT. He can be a voice of experience at times. Maybe after watching this, we can become realistic about all the Rattmania. I know you Rattmaniacs will try to say I'm a hater but that could not be further from the truth. I like Ratt, I think he has some pretty impressive arm talent and could develop into something. I see as JT pointed out some issues, like decision-making, some low football IQ plays and some inaccurate throws. YES he made some great throws like the fade to St Brown. His arm mechanics are good it's his footwork and his depth of drop-backs that are an issue. He needs to work on his anticipation and placement of the ball.
These are the same issues that were his weaknesses in college.

I am hopeful that Janocko can develop Ratt into someone that has a chance to start. But right now I think it's better for him to be QB3 and not be thrown into a game, it could have a detrimental effect
Is J.T. not the same guy you bashed because “If his opinion and breakdowns are so good why isn’t he coaching somewhere?” Or am I mistaken? 😉

No issue w/ the assessment.

JT, while respected, is also in the same boat as the typical person - he doesn't know the intracacies of the plays being called. He also on more than one occasion has expressed his bias towards the scheme (did it in the week 2 video) about how he doesn't like some of the play design.

No different than anyone else NOT in the Saints FO his opinion has to be taken w/ a grain of salt. Even without seeing the vid, it's pretty obvious that Rattler needs some seasoning. Best case scenario he's alloted the year to learn because Carr is healthy. That jives w/ what everyone has said, and also with his draft position. He's a high upside guy who isn't quite ready to be QB1 right now.

Is J.T. not the same guy you bashed because “If his opinion and breakdowns are so good why isn’t he coaching somewhere?” Or am I mistaken? 😉
I've seen very few posters on this site over the years who don't both bash and praise the same analyst. "They know football when they agree with me, but they don't know football when they disagree with me."

It's so pervasive that I'm surprised when someone doesn't do it.

He's a high upside guy who isn't quite ready to be QB1 right now.
And it remains to be seen whether Haener or Rattler ever will be ready to be QB1. They could both end up Hall of Famers, flameouts, or anything in between.

A lot of speculation and zero knowledge about their futures right now, because the future can never be known.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom