Jaguars cut Chris Ivory (1 Viewer)

With no guaranteed money? Sure. He’s probably still familiar with some terminology and he has always succeeded in a limited role. If you draft a RB or find a UDFA you really like, turn him loose with no damage done. The RBs behind Kamara and Ingram leave much to be desired.

1,112 carries for 4,852 yards - 28 TD's
94 receptions for 743 yards - 3 TD's

That is his current career stat line.
That could be his final career stat line as well.

He is a violent runner with an injury history. If anybody offers him a contract he should take it.

I hope he saved some of his money.

As a fallback, he most likely has an NFL Annuity worth between $300-350K which he can start to tap after he is out of the league for five years or age 35, whichever comes first. He will also be eligible for an NFL Pension at age 55 of about $5K/month.

A pretty good run for an undrafted guy from Tiffin University. If his run is not over, good luck, if it is...well done.

He has also earned just under $20 million during his NFL Career.

I'm just here to see the pro-Ivory bunch justify signing him despite his 3.6 YPC over the last two years when they constantly **** on Ingram for his 3.9 YPC in 2011 and 2012. :)

He also missed 7 games in the last two seasons. Nearly one-quarter.

Absolutely LOVED watching that man bust through lines of dudes like a bowling ball! But.. yeah, no thanks. Times they are a changin'

At least it waited until the end of Febuary this year

Coming soon Drew Brees has no arm strength and need to replace him with (insert random backup never has been QB someone loved in college while looking at YouTube highlights here)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, we need a guy who is content to sit on the bench behind Ingram and Kamara, but who can perform at a high level when needed.

I don't know if Ivory is the ideal guy, and I'm pretty certain Edmunds is not. Lasco might be, but who knows what his situation is coming off that awful injury. Really what we need is an Aaron Stecker type of player.

Woukd take him for the vet min to be that closer or would be great third rb if Ingram ever gets hurt. But if not hope we draft Darrel Williams in the later rounds. I think he's very underrated and woukd do great behind our oline....

Great group, but both Ingram and Ivory wound up on IR before the playoffs.....We would have easily won the niners game if we hadn't been down to our last RB during the game.

We lost that game due to turnovers and the defense inability to cover Vernon Davis. It had nothing to do with down to our last running back. You must be thinking about the game against the Seahawks in 2010.

The reason we let him go is the same reason we shouldn't pick him up again. He just runs too violently to stay on the field consistently. He may very well be done. He wouldn't be taking Ingram or Kamara's spot and I think Trey Edmunds providing special teams play makes him more valuable than Ivory.

Do you really believe that's the reason why the Saints let him go? All we can do is speculate.

Ivory wouldn't be a bad pickup is he was coming in as our 3rd RB and to occasionally spell Ingram or Kamara, which isn't a bad choice. I'd much rather Ivory in that role over Edmunds or Lasco.

With no guaranteed money? Sure. He’s probably still familiar with some terminology and he has always succeeded in a limited role. If you draft a RB or find a UDFA you really like, turn him loose with no damage done. The RBs behind Kamara and Ingram leave much to be desired.

With no guaranteed money I agree. I'd bring him in as insurance for a couple years under the right deal. Ideally he would be coming off the bench sparingly so he shouldn't get to banged up. He could timeshare with one of the bigdogs if MI or AK missed a game or two as well.

I'll bite....

Yes, I would like to at least see him given a tryout at some point (heck, they even did that for Khiry Robinson earlier this season, did they not?)

Aside from the 1st Falcons game with Kamara, we were very fortunate with not having much in the line of injuries to he and Ingram. Unfortunately there's no way to guarantee that to always be the case. But even if we do remain healthy at RB........I think Ivory could make a solid change-of-pace / closer type of RB, similar to LeGarrette Blount's last few seasons. Or Mike Bell for us in 2009.

It could be a role that Adrian Peterson MIGHT have had last year, had he stayed around. Understandably, being a future HOFer, he wanted more.....but Ivory is not in the same position to have that type of expectation. Also, one of the knocks on Ivory has been his tendency to get injured......well, being the 3rd wheel would reduce his carries to where hopefully that wouldn't be as much of an issue.

I would like to see what Jonathan Williams has to offer with a full offseason too, since he's under contract anyway. IMO this guy has talent.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nCwLlMXv3AI" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

and college

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X4TjJEBjYa0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom