Jalen Dalton? (1 Viewer)

If he can show his explosiveness and speed in training camp, We may just have us a real good find here. I'm really pulling for this guy and the battle at LB will be interesting to say the least.
If he's switched to linebacker he's a developmental prospect and will probably be added to the PS for continued development. He not in the running for any significant playing time on defense or special teams.

If he's switched to linebacker he's a developmental prospect and will probably be added to the PS for continued development. He not in the running for any significant playing time on defense or special teams.
He was switched to LB when we signed him to the PS late last season. So he has some experience working as a LB. It all depends on how quick he can pick it up. We'll just have to wait until training camp to see how he develops. Some players pick it up right away and some don't. Lets hope he's one of the ones that pick it up pretty quick.

He was switched to LB when we signed him to the PS late last season. So he has some experience working as a LB. It all depends on how quick he can pick it up. We'll just have to wait until training camp to see how he develops. Some players pick it up right away and some don't. Lets hope he's one of the ones that pick it up pretty quick.
No way this guy is ready to contribute at a position with talents like Davis, Werner and Baun ahead of him...based off his position in College I'd say he's probably closer to Baun who was used as an edge rusher and seldomly played in coverage in college.

How is North Carolina getting so many stud players lately? Dalton, the 2 RB's, this year, the WR Dyami Brown, the QB is supposed to be a high 1st rounder next year.
Decided to start paying a living wage?

No way this guy is ready to contribute at a position with talents like Davis, Werner and Baun ahead of him...based off his position in College I'd say he's probably closer to Baun who was used as an edge rusher and seldomly played in coverage in college.
I never said he would be just as good as Davis, Werner or Baun to come in and contribute right away. I said IF he could show his explosion and speed and it all depends on how quick he can pick up the position. I know he is a project at this point. But we won't really know anything until he starts showing it in training camp and preseason.

I never said he would be just as good as Davis, Werner or Baun to come in and contribute right away. I said IF he could show his explosion and speed and it all depends on how quick he can pick up the position. I know he is a project at this point. But we won't really know anything until he starts showing it in training camp and preseason.
I was not suggesting you did, I was just pointing out the transition and learning curve at this level that he could be (if good enough) a season or two away from contributing as a linebacker on an NFL Roster.

I've seen sights with him still listed as a DE, so I really cant confirm if he's made a switch to linebacker. Do you have a source?

We have been killing it at the D line position with undrafted free agents. Shy Tuttle,Roach, Granderson, Dolton

I was not suggesting you did, I was just pointing out the transition and learning curve at this level that he could be (if good enough) a season or two away from contributing as a linebacker on an NFL Roster.

I've seen sights with him still listed as a DE, so I really cant confirm if he's made a switch to linebacker. Do you have a source?
That's what he has been listed as on the Saints roster on New Orleans Saints.com

The Saints have been acquiring talent on the defensive line quietly since last year, adding Ryan Glasgow, Albert Huggins, Jalen Dalton, Josiah Bronson, and Lorenzo Neal, Jr.

Jalen Dalton was a player who got mentioned last year as to having a good camp before an injury sidelined him (per Nick Underhill) but I never really recalled hearing his name, but I did some digging and see this is a 6'6 300lb DT from NC and is 23yrs old.

We speak about guys like Roach and Tuttle getting an opportunity to contribute but what about this guy, he appears to be a good under the radar contributor to the Defensive Line rotation.

I wonder if there’s Ryan Nielsen connection here. Not only was he stellar as the D line Coach at NC St, HE was their top recruiter for D linemen! He put together a D line, led by Bradley Chubb, that were all drafted in 2018!

BTW, during that time, there was one player that Nielsen heavily recruited, but got away n went outta state.

His name was Shy Tuttle!

So with Dalton being from NC, I can’t help but wonder if at some point, Nielsen may have had him on his radar too!

I wonder if there’s Ryan Nielsen connection here. Not only was he stellar as the D line Coach at NC St, HE was their top recruiter for D linemen! He put together a D line, led by Bradley Chubb, that were all drafted in 2018!

BTW, during that time, there was one player that Nielsen heavily recruited, but got away n went outta state.

His name was Shy Tuttle!

So with Dalton being from NC, I can’t help but wonder if at some point, Nielsen may have had him on his radar too!

Possibly could of been a Nielsen addition. He knows these kids and recruited these kids as you stated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom