NFL Draft Jayson Oweh DE ran a 4.36 40! (1 Viewer)

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE
Yeah he’s probably the 4th best DE in this class. I’d take him in the early 3rd round. He’ll probably go in the early 2nd because of his athleticism.

are you really Jim Haslett? ;)

His athleticism is off the charts. Those are astounding numbers. Not that it matters to the Saints though. other than the "oh my gosh" factor.

And there's some serious "oh my gosh" with this kid. I mean wow.

After Lattimore's news today (coupled with the departure of Janoris Jenkins), I fear CB just became the most pressing need in the draft. This sucks.

Last edited:
Why did he have 0 sacks? I’m not saying don’t draft him. I’m just wondering why the lack of production.

That’s the thing that jumps out most to me as well. Production and tape means a heckuva lot more to me than running 40 yards in your underwear.

Marcus Davenport 3 cone 7.20
Danielle Hunter 3 cone 6.95
Oweh 6.87

There are always outliers like Vernon Gholston but I think that someone might take a chance on him in the top 15.
6.87 is elite. It’s not TJ Watt level 6.75 or Von Miller 6.70.

You’re going to need pass rush moves anyway but it helps to be able to accelerate, bend and change direction.

6.87 is elite. It’s not TJ Watt level 6.75 or Von Miller 6.70.

You’re going to need pass rush moves anyway but it helps to be able to accelerate, bend and change direction.

JJ Watt also had a 6.84.

Junior Galette ran a 7.04.

His athleticism is off the charts. Those are astounding numbers. Not that it matters to the Saints though. other than the "oh my gosh" factor.

And there's some serious "oh my gosh" with this kid. I mean wow.

After Lattimore's news today (coupled with the departure of Janoris Jenkins), I fear CB just became the most pressing need in the draft. This sucks.
He has the speed and height to play corner...

• 1LOL
Reactions: LoE
Man, let's utilize all the size and speed at Linebacker, inside, or outside.
Can he catch the football ?
If he can, he could instantly be a Pro Bowler, and Hall of Fame Tight End or Wide Receiver.

Gold medal underwear Olympic guy. But not much of a football player.
He could run a 4.05 40 and I'd still avoid him like the plague. Zero sacks against NCAA level talent. He'll be socially distanced from NFL QB's.

I was a huge Penn State fan before the Sandusky deal and I still watch a lot of their games. I think Oweh will be overdrafted because of his freakish athleticism. Having said that, he's not just a workout warrior. Dude can actually play.

The stats don't paint an accurate picture in this case. Oweh was a really good player at Penn State. He was really disruptive and he uses his hands reasonably well. A lot of these workout warriors have zero hand/foot work.

On the surface, the results were less inspiring for Oweh. He went the entire 2020 season without getting a sack.

However, these stats were somewhat misleading. Oweh still provided consistent disruption, and he logged career highs in both tackles and tackles for loss, with 38 and 6.5, respectively. By December, Oweh had an 18% win rate as a pass rusher, one of the highest figures in the Big Ten conference.

Coaches recognized Oweh’s under-the-radar disruptive ability, awarding him with first-team All-Conference honors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom